Happy Saturday friends and lovers of Stories.
It’s again forever since I found the time to manage a Saturday post, but since quite a while I actually wanted to talk about some things that I love besides reading. So “I’m Obsessed With…” will be a loose feature where I’m going to post once in a while about things I’m obsessed about, like TV shows, movies and other things!
Last time I talked about the TV series “Once Upon A Time” which I love so damn much!
I’m Obsessed with Star Crossed
About Star Crossed
Source: CW Star Crossed homepage
“When Emery was 6 years old, an alien spacecraft crash-landed in her small town. Whether they came in peace or with more sinister intentions didn’t matter: a fierce battle erupted as humans fought for control over their new rivals, an alien species called the Atrians.
In the midst of the conflict, Roman, a 6-year-old Atrian boy, found his way to a shed behind Emery’s house, where she protected him from harm, bringing him food, comfort – and friendship. In their brief time together, Emery and Roman forged a deep bond, but the authorities wasted no time tracking Roman down and capturing him in a violent confrontation. Emery has grown up believing that Roman was killed that day.
Ten years later, the Atrians have been acclimated to life on Earth, but they are interned in a heavily-guarded camp known as the Sector to keep them separate from humans. Now, for the first time, a group of Atrian teens will enroll in a suburban human high school, with the goal of testing the feasibility of human/alien integration. The eyes of the nation and the whole world are fixed on this historical social experiment, an endeavor fraught with suspicion and fear.
In the mayhem of the first day, Emery is amazed to learn that Roman was not killed by the authorities and is, in fact, one of the Atrian students. Their childhood bond is quickly rekindled – in a school and a society that distrusts everything about the Atrians, Emery and Roman have found each other again. However, their relationship is threatened by the small-mindedness of their respective communities and the political agendas of people in power. While the world around them rages with anger and prejudice, their bond becomes increasingly strong and increasingly dangerous.
As an epic Romeo and Juliet romance unfolds, a violent encounter between Roman’s father and Emery’s father occurs in the Sector.
Can Roman and Emery’s love – and peace between the species – survive?”
- Aimee Teegarden (“Friday Night Lights”) as Emery
- Matt Lanter (“90210”) as Roman
- Grey Damon (“The Secret Circle”) as Grayson
- Natalie Hall (“Pretty Little Liars”) as Taylor
- Malese Jow (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Big Time Rush”) as Julia
- Titus Makin, Jr. (“Glee”) as Lukas
- Chelsea Gilligan (“How I Met Your Mother”) as Teri
- Greg Finley (“The Secret Life of the American Teenager”) as Drake
Why I Love It
- Well, I’m a lover of Romance and romantic stories and Emery and Roman are the perfect Star Crossed Lovers. Human and Alien and each race would hate seeing one of them together with the other. It’s not a new theme- but it’s timeless. From Shakespeares Romeo and Juliet to modern day literature, Star Crossed lovers are always a theme that speaks to many people.
- I adore Aimee Teegarden ever since I was obsessed with “Friday Night Lights”. I love seeing her a little more grown up here. She’s cute and plays her character Emery with lots of heart.
- Hot Boys? Ohh… yes! Of course. I need some hot sexy boys who are just nice to look at. … don’t blame me! And we have quite a few here. Especially Matt Lanter is super cute. And then there is Grey Damon, who played in The Secret Circle and also in The 9 Lives.
- Alien with Tattoos . Ok I admit that I think Tattoos are hot. I love reading about all inked up boys and this trend in literature (seriously, look at all the NA boys who often are tattooed all over) is being played up nicely here with the Aliens. And even better, these Tattoos even glow blueish when in contact with water. Serious hotness factor!
- Aliens. Young adult SciFi is hot right now and there have been tons of absolutely great stories published last year. Television seems to follow this trend with this show. Instead of Vampires or paranormal creatures we get hot aliens with superpowers. And yes our Aliens – Atrians – also have a few powers up their sleeve!
- The story plays with quite a few common problems in society. Acceptance, Racism, Family and Friendship.
Ratings and Potential
The Ratings have been not so great so far with 50% less than series like The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and The Origins, which also just premiered this season. However is still has more viewers than The Beauty and The Beast, which got still got renewed. It’s hard to compare it to The Originals since they definitely got all the TVD fans already hooked before it even begun. Star Crossed is not based on any book I hope that these numbers will go up over time as more people will fall in love with this series. For me, it definitely has potential.
While the story itself is neither new, nor utterly unique it definitely hits the Zeitgeist. I love the story, I love the Aliens – they are indeed quite nice to look at, plus I’m always up for a good love story. I’m already in love with Roman a little bit and I start rooting for them to get together and especially bring the two races together!
Alienated – This actually has a very very similar vibe and story!! and I LOVED it!
Are you watching Star Crossed too? Do you like it? What do you especially like? Or do you wait a little longer and see how it will be received before starting with the series? Well, I always hate getting invested in a story and then the series won’t get renewed!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
Yes! I need to catch up, only seen 2 episodes. It’s a surprisingly good series. ALSO, HAVE YOU SEEN THE 100 THAT PREMIERED THIS WEEK. I’m definitely going to be addicted to that, the first episode was cool as hell.
★ Under The Mountain ★
Vickie Ramage recently posted..Stacking The Shelves (22/03/2014)
I am really liking Star Crossed too – I was a little worried after the 2nd episode but it has picked up!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
I’m a big fan of the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout so I had planned to watch Star Crossed. I somehow missed that it had premiered already, probbly I already have a lot Monday night shows and no DVR. I’ll watch it online. I am worried ti hear that if it’s got low ratings because I hate when they cancel a show leaving you hanging.
I am absolutely obsessed with Star Crossed as well. I believe I have seen every episode so far twice. First I completely love the concept of mingling the humans with the Atrians which of course causes age old problems like racism which gives the show extra juice. Then the romance is to die for with wanting Emery and Roman to be together. I could so go on about Star Crossed and how awesome this show is and totally crossing my fingers to get picked up for more because I don’t want to say goodbye to this show.
I just started Star-Crossed last night on Hulu and I’m almost caught up. I really like it a lot!
I am absolutely addicted to this series. I haven’t been this gushy and obsessed with a TV show since a young teenager watching Roswell. The social issues this show takes on are commendable and I appreciate the diversity they’re in the cast. I really hope it’s here to stay because there’s so much story for them to explore.
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who is obsessed with Star-Crossed. I agree with you, it really does remind a little bit of Alienated, that’s why i love it even more!
Anatea @ Anatea’s Bookshelf recently posted..MAJOR CHANGES COMING!
I was waiting for the first season to finish so I could do a marathon. I am also excited for the characters since the actors are right on 😀 I enjoyed Alienated and I can’t wait to watch the TV series
I’m also loving this show! It has great potential!
Sugar & Snark recently posted..Movie #Review: #VeronicaMars
I haven’t had time to watch the most recent episode… hmm, I gotta do that.
I’m addicted to Star-Crossed, which is funny because I was never into Teen Wolf of Vampire Diaries. Reviewers are calling it trashy and cliche, but most avid YA readers seem to enjoy the drama.
D. @ The Nerdy Journalist recently posted..Discussion: Once Upon a Time is back and more wicked than ever
Oh, I love this show, too! It’s addicting!
I keep hearing about Alienated. I’m going to have to pick that one up. Another alien/human love story you may want to try is Broken Skies. I just read it. It’s a pretty great start to a trilogy. 🙂
I’ll promptly seize your rss as I can’t obtain your e mail monthly subscription link or e-newsletter program. Accomplish you’ve just about any? Kindly let me know so that I’ll merely join. Appreciate it.
I think this is among the most vital info for me.
And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some
general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles
is really great : D. Good job, cheers
site plan cul gratuit recently posted..site plan cul gratuit