Welcome to this new installment of our Love Letter Event. Jenny from Supernatural Snark were celebrating the “loooooveee” with you and some of our favorite Authors!
Jenny and I are both big fat suckers of romance, and if a story doesn’t have some tiny bit of romance we usually don’t fully enjoy the book. We love to swoon over the boys and we love to feel the butterflies of first love and intensely touching romance! For each Friday in February two authors is going to share a Love Letter with us, which you can find here at the Bookworms and at Supernatural Snark. This will be either from the author to one of her characters or between characters. And, we can assure you that this is going to be swoon worthy wonderful!
the Love Letters so far…
- I kicked off the event with Heather Demetrios and a heartbreaking Love letter with from her to her main character in I’ll Meet You There – Josh.
- Then I had the wonderful wonderful Nikki Kelly (LAILAH) who shared a letter to Gabriel, which is again such a heartbreaking letter that completely makes me tear up.
- I have an all-time favorite author who I deeply adore for giving me Galen and the crazily awesome Of Poseidon Trilogy! Now, she soon releases a amazing YA Contemporary JOYRIDE, which I already read and LOVED! And today, she shares a Letter from the Arden (totally having a crush on this boy) to Carly – believe me, once you read it you NEED to read Arden and Carly’s story!
- The wonderful Paula Stokes today who soon release a Young Adult Thriller, which was thrilling and also so much fun: Liars, Inc. was such a great read! She shared a love letter from Parvati to Max, who is the main character in Liars, Inc.which is definitely a story that comes with lots of surprises, twists and turn that keep your head spinning:)
And today, I have the Debut Author of Wonderment Becky Wallace here, whose YA Fantasy The Storypspinner came out this week!! Woot Congrats! I absolutely loved this book, which you can read in my review and I was so excited when I got her letter which made me smile big time! If I couldn’t convince you to read this book, this adorable love letter should do it 🙂
My Dearest Johanna,
Your smile is like sunshine during the winter storms, fleeting and bright. I wish I could find a way to bask in
I AM AN IDIOT.
I don’t have your gift for words. I’m not eloquent or poetic. And sometimes what I mean to say and what I actually say are vastly different. This is awful.
Do you remember the day we met in the woods? I’m sure you do. How could anyone forget?
I wish the circumstances had been different. I would have asked your name and offered to help carry your quarry home. You would have refused my assistance, but that would have made you all the more intriguing. Later that night, I would have visited your family’s camp to make sure you arrived safely. You would have greeted me with outward animosity and perhaps a bit of interest?
I can imagine playing games with your brothers and making a fool of myself as I failed at Performers tricks. You’d stand off to the side, eyeing me coolly, always protective of those you love.
Light, I love that about you—your fierce loyalty, your independence.
Meeting you that day in the woods was both the best and the worst thing that ever happened to me. Horrible mistakes aside, it brought you into my life. And for that I’m so incredibly grateful.
With all my love,
OoOoOo isn’t this adorable!??? Rafi is such a fantastic character, which made a huge development in The Storyspinner and I loved how he and Jo so very very slowly fell for each other! Talk about slow burning love! And … this letter? Made me smile so so much!! Go, and read it, please!
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace
Published by Simon and Schuster on 2015-03-03
Genres: Action & Adventure, Fantasy & Magic, General, Love & Romance, Young Adult
Drama and danger abound in this fantasy realm where dukes play a game for the throne, magical warriors race to find the missing heir, and romance blossoms where it is least expected.
In a world where dukes plot their way to the throne, a Performer’s life can get tricky. And in Johanna Von Arlo’s case, it can be fatal. Expelled from her troupe after her father’s death, Johanna is forced to work for the handsome Lord Rafael DeSilva. Too bad they don’t get along. But while Johanna’s father’s death was deemed an accident, the Keepers aren’t so sure.
The Keepers, a race of people with magical abilities, are on a quest to find the princess—the same princess who is supposed to be dead and whose throne the dukes are fighting over. But they aren’t the only ones looking for her. And in the wake of their search, murdered girls keep turning up—girls who look exactly like the princess, and exactly like Johanna.
With dukes, Keepers, and a killer all after the princess, Johanna finds herself caught up in political machinations for the throne, threats on her life, and an unexpected romance that could change everything.
Authors participating in the Love Letter Event
- Heather Demetrios – I’ll Meet You There – Love Letter to Josh
- Nikki Kelly – The Styclar Saga – Love Letter to Gabriel
- Anna Banks – Joyride – Love Letter to Carly
- Paula Strokes – Liars, Inc. – Love Letter to Maxi
- Becky Wallace – The Storyspinner -TODAY
- Jen Brooks – In A World Just Right
- Mindee Arnett (Polaris, The Nightmare Dilemma)
- Kristen Simmons – The Glass Arrow – Dear Aya – Supernatural Snark!
- Melissa Landers (Invaded)
- Sara Raasch – Snow Like Ashes – Dear Meira – Supernatural Snark
- Emery Lord (The Start of Me and You)
- Liza Palmer (Girl Before a Mirror) – Dearest Ladyhawke The Movie (Supernatural Snark)
- Laura Lee Guhrke (Catch a Falling Heiress)
Jenny and I have an amazing Giveaway for you with 5 winners in total!
- Winner 1,2,3 and 4: Each will get a Book of your Choice from one of the Authors above! (open international as long as Book Depository ships to you! )
- Winner 5 : Hardcover Copy of LAILAH by Nikki Kelley plus some cute and awesome swag (international ) – Prize is provided by Author – Thank you soo much!
The Giveaway will be run until March 20th and you can all enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
Don’t forget to head over to Jenny who has Sara Raasch over today who shares not only one, but two love letters to Meira – from both boys! How awesome is that!
And what do you think of Rafi’s Letter to Jo? Isn’t it cute and adorkable! :))
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
Awwwww, that is SO adorable!! *-*
I really want to read this book! :3
Frannie Pan @ In Clouds of Pages recently posted..Review: “Gates of Thread and Stone” (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee
Oooooh!! I haven’t read the book yet but this letter has made me really intrigued about it, and now I want to read it even more! Slow burn romances for the win!
Pili @ In Love With Handmade recently posted..Nerd Blast: Liars INC by Paula Stokes!!!
It has so much voice!! I LOVE the letter! You get a sense of their personality and the characters’ chemistry!
thank you so very much 🙂
I’m catching up on all these love letters and swooning all over the place. SIGH. I love this book a ton. I cannot wait for more of this story and more Rafi and Johanna.
Lauren @ Love is not a triangle recently posted..The Winner’s Crime Blog Tour Interview with author Marie Rutkoski + Giveaway
the book reminds me of Robin Hood with magic. It has all the themes: kidnapping, murder, and magic.
The lack of this publicity contributes directly to the
amount of the population that watches other sports instead of soccer.
Women have not only a truly self-serving media center stage,
they have the very real legal framework to spearhead and catch their agenda.
A team with 2 losses might have lost both games right before
the upcoming game, and be on a losing streak.
Lashawnda recently posted..Lashawnda
I NEED THIS BOOK! Like, right now this very minute. Especially after that awesome letter!
This is such an amazing and on point letter!! I always look froward to reading these. They are always so entertaining and well thought out!! 🙂
❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm
Awww that is so sweeet! *Spazzes*
Maryam Dinzly recently posted..BOOKS, GUISE. JUST BOOKS.
What a sweet letter! Rafi is so eloquent at saying it all while saying nothing at all.