Late to the party, but yesterday I saw all the great posts from so many people joining the
15 Day Book Blogger Challenge
from April, Good Books and Good Wine.
I loved reading those posts so much that I decided to join and jumping right in with my Bedtime Routines..
Day 2 – Bedtime Reading Routines
My bed is by far my favorite place to read! I have a super cozy waterbed with tons of pillows and lots of place to feel wonderfully compfy. I must – must read before sleeping. So I go to the bath, do all the girly stuff like pampering my face with Night Cremes and such (in the hope to wake up one day with the best skin ever..) and then it’s time to read!
My husband was incredibly excited when I got an iPad and finally a Kindle Paperwhite. With this, I do not have to disturb him while he sleeps. Sometimes, when I have a really good book, I tempt to go to bed earlier to get more reading done. And.. during wintertime, I always take a cup of tee with me!
But then, Saturday and Sunday mornings are my favorites times of the day to do Bed time Reading. As hubs usually sleeps much longer, I absolutely LOVE the time on Saturday and Sunday mornings to get up, make a hot steaming coffee and crawl back to bed – reading! Best.Time.Ever and I miss something when I cannot do this! Sometimes being an early bird has its advantages.
And since I didn’t know about this until yesterday lat, I decided to add the 15 Blogger Confessions now..
Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.
- I need Romance: If there is a book that has no love and romance whatsoever, the book won’t ever get a 5 star rating from me.
- I love eCopies over Paperback anytime! When I got my Kindle 4 years ago I was hesitant but now I do not even look at paperbacks anymore. I love eReaders so.bad!
- Bad Cover? I won’t buy or read it! I don’t care that the cover is not even fully showing on my Kindle, but a cover is a must! There is one book out there from Simon and Schuster everyone loves so much. The cover however looks so plain and boring that I’m not reading the book. Of course, it’s worse with Indie Authors. When I get an email, the first look is at the cover and then I decide if the book is interesting or not.
- I love the mysterious bad boys! If there is a mysterious bad boy in the synopsis, I am all sold for the book!
- I cry – a lot and often while reading! I’m a crybaby and a heavily emotional person, so I easily cry when something is touching or moving or sad.
- I have a hard time reading out of my comfort zone! I wish I would be more adventurous and read a few books that do not fall into my usual genres. I know I will be surprised, yet I can’t force myself doing it.
- I’m character driven! Most of the times when I DNF a book, it’s the character I cannot connect to. Maybe it’s a weird dialogue, something the character said or thought!
- I’m a genre “bincher”! (Is that a word? Mary taught me this word, so I am not sure I used it correctly) What I want to say is that when I like to read books in a certain genre after each other. I had a phase where all I read was Vampire related story. It actually comes from the wish to relive an exciting book and find something that I will love equally .
- Needed: Happy Ending! I hate books with open ends and I hate books with a bittersweet ending! I need the happily ever after as cliché and cheesy it might be!
- I used to judge a book by it page count! Before I started blogging, I used to read books based on their page views, the more the better! I wanted huge books – books I can spend lots of time with the characters. Thin books didn’t appeal to me at all and were always left behind!
- I have no clue about pages anymore! With the introduction of eReaders I often have no effing clue if it’s a big book or a small book. Often when I see the paperback I’m actually surprised.
- Vampires will always be my favorites! I love Vampire stories and I did love them already before sparkling Edward came along. But I just love these creatures and they will always be ma favorites!
- I hate Ghost stories! In my book (pun intended) there is just nothing sexy about a ghost so I usually step away when a ghost is involved!
- Same goes for Witches! Unless it’s Harry Potter I do not like Witch books.
- I love Epic! Well, who doesn’t. But I do love epic all-consuming book series that suck me in and do not let me go. That make me re-read these books untill I know sequences by heart. This can be an epic plot or even an epic Love story! I’m pretty open to the epic aspect…
Happy Tuesday! and happy Blogging!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017