Happy Monday and welcome to the Blog Tour for the super exciting and most awesometastic YA SciFi Series Blog Tour for Polaris! Polaris is the sequel to Avalon by Mindee Arnett, which I absolutely adored!! One of the most fun, exciting and exhilarating YA SciFi series that I dare you all to read (if you haven’t yet!)
Today I have the honor to kick off the Blog tour for the sequel, which (let me tell you) is just as amazing as the first book!
Blog Tour organised by Rockstar Book Tours
And here is Mindee with
10 Secrets about the Sequel!
Hey there! I’m so excited to be visiting the awesome Betwitched Bookworms today. And I’m even more excited to share with you some teasers about my book Polaris, the sequel to Avalon.
Without further adieu and in no particular order of importance, here are ten secrets and shockers heading your way (plus a bonus):
- You might have been wondering about the title. Well, Polaris is the name of a new ship. Originally, this ship was called Meridian, but for marketing reasons, I changed it to Polaris. Thankfully, I ended up liking this name better. Oh, and for an added tidbit, 90% of the space ship names in this series are famous race horses, particularly Kentucky Derby winners. There’s no particular reason for this, other than I like horses and it was a fun little naming convention.
- There’s lot of traveling in this book. In fact, Jeth travels through both space and time. It makes for one wild, mystical ride.
- Speaking of time and space—there are at least two Doctor Who shout outs. There might be than that, but two of them were intentional on my part. I’m curious to see if readers will recognize them when they show up.
- One of the travels mentioned above takes Jeth and his crew to First Earth aka our earth as I envision it in the future.
- There are four significant deaths in Polaris. The first of these deaths takes place in chapter 2.
- Little Cora’s fairy tales of choice in this book are The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. Both have symbolic meaning in the story as well.
- Some characters introduced in Proxy, the Avalon prequel novella, turn up in Polaris. (Hint: if you haven’t read Proxy, you might want to. Just saying.)
- That thing that almost happens in Avalon, happens in Polaris.
- We learn a little more about the clones. Sadly, there aren’t any Orphan Black shout outs, but maybe next time!
- While this is a definite conclusion to Jeth’s story, there is one character who’s left a bit unresolved. If the stars ever align properly, I hope to revisit this character one day in a future book. It’s a story I really want to tell, that is, if readers out there want to hear it.
Jeth does make a reference to his secret tattoo, but he doesn’t reveal where it is or what. All he states is that there are only three people in the world who know about it—him, the tattoo artist, and Sierra. Sorry folks, some things are best left up to the imagination. However, he does reveal a very interesting scar, an old gunshot wound. Hint: it’s only visible when he’s wearing a towel.
Damn it… I wish Mindee would finally reveal Seth Tattoo!!!
POLARIS by Mindee Arnett
Pub. Date: January 20, 2015 by Balzer + Bray
Jeth Seagrave and his crew of mercenaries are pulled into one last high-stakes mission in this breathtaking sequel to Mindee Arnett’s fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi thriller Avalon.
Jeth Seagrave and his crew are on the run. The ITA, still holding Jeth’s mother in a remote research lab, is now intent on acquiring the metatech secrets Jeth’s sister Cora carries inside her DNA, and Jeth is desperate to find the resources he needs to rescue his mother and start a new life outside the Confederation. But the ITA is just as desperate, and Jeth soon finds himself pursued by a mysterious figure hell-bent on capturing him and his crew—dead or alive.
With nowhere to run and only one play left, Jeth enters into a bargain with the last person he ever thought he’d see again: Daxton Price, the galaxy’s newest and most fearsome crime lord. Dax promises to help Jeth, but his help will only come at a price—a price that could mean sacrificing everything Jeth has fought for until now.
The conclusion to the story Mindee Arnett began in her acclaimed novelAvalon, Polaris is a dangerous journey into the spaces between power and corruption, life and death, the parts of ourselves we leave behind, and the parts we struggle to hold on to.
About Mindee :
Mindee Arnett lives on a horse farm in Ohio with her husband, two kids, a couple of dogs, and an inappropriate number of cats. She’s addicted to jumping horses and telling tales of magic, the macabre, and outer space. She has far more dreams than nightmares.
Other Bewitched Links
- 1/12/2015- Bewitched Bookworms– Interview
- 1/13/2015- The Eater of Books!– Review
- 1/14/2015- Nerdophiles – Guest Post
- 1/15/2015- Blogging Between the Lines– Review
- 1/16/2015- Working for the Mandroid- Interview
- 1/19/2015- The Cover Contessa– Guest Post
- 1/20/2015- Spiced Latte Reads– Review
- 1/21/2015- Such a Novel Idea– Interview
- 1/22/2015- Reading YA Rocks– Guest Post
- 1/23/2015- Word Spelunking- Review
1 signed set of AVALON and POLARIS. US Only. (Courtesy of Mindee!) Entires via the Rafflecopter below.
I hope you are all as excited as I am about this series! I can wholeheartedly tell you that it’s an amazing series you shouldn’t miss with a sequel that is as amazing as the first one!