Happy Monday and welcome to the Blog Tour for the super exciting and most awesometastic YA SciFi Series Blog Tour for Polaris! Polaris is the sequel to Avalon by Mindee Arnett, which I absolutely adored!! One of the most fun, exciting and exhilarating YA SciFi series that I dare you all to read (if you haven’t yet!)
Today I have the honor to kick off the Blog tour for the sequel, which (let me tell you) is just as amazing as the first book!
And if you are not yet sold on the series, then please, take your time to read this amazing post from Mindee because it will totally intrigue and excite you!
Blog Tour organised by Rockstar Book Tours
And here is Mindee with
10 Secrets about the Sequel!
Hey there! I’m so excited to be visiting the awesome Betwitched Bookworms today. And I’m even more excited to share with you some teasers about my book Polaris, the sequel to Avalon.
Without further adieu and in no particular order of importance, here are ten secrets and shockers heading your way (plus a bonus):
- You might have been wondering about the title. Well, Polaris is the name of a new ship. Originally, this ship was called Meridian, but for marketing reasons, I changed it to Polaris. Thankfully, I ended up liking this name better. Oh, and for an added tidbit, 90% of the space ship names in this series are famous race horses, particularly Kentucky Derby winners. There’s no particular reason for this, other than I like horses and it was a fun little naming convention.
- There’s lot of traveling in this book. In fact, Jeth travels through both space and time. It makes for one wild, mystical ride.
- Speaking of time and space—there are at least two Doctor Who shout outs. There might be than that, but two of them were intentional on my part. I’m curious to see if readers will recognize them when they show up.
- One of the travels mentioned above takes Jeth and his crew to First Earth aka our earth as I envision it in the future.
- There are four significant deaths in Polaris. The first of these deaths takes place in chapter 2.
- Little Cora’s fairy tales of choice in this book are The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. Both have symbolic meaning in the story as well.
- Some characters introduced in Proxy, the Avalon prequel novella, turn up in Polaris. (Hint: if you haven’t read Proxy, you might want to. Just saying.)
- That thing that almost happens in Avalon, happens in Polaris.
- We learn a little more about the clones. Sadly, there aren’t any Orphan Black shout outs, but maybe next time!
- While this is a definite conclusion to Jeth’s story, there is one character who’s left a bit unresolved. If the stars ever align properly, I hope to revisit this character one day in a future book. It’s a story I really want to tell, that is, if readers out there want to hear it.
Jeth does make a reference to his secret tattoo, but he doesn’t reveal where it is or what. All he states is that there are only three people in the world who know about it—him, the tattoo artist, and Sierra. Sorry folks, some things are best left up to the imagination. However, he does reveal a very interesting scar, an old gunshot wound. Hint: it’s only visible when he’s wearing a towel.
Damn it… I wish Mindee would finally reveal Seth Tattoo!!!
POLARIS by Mindee Arnett
Pub. Date: January 20, 2015 by Balzer + Bray
Find it: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
Jeth Seagrave and his crew of mercenaries are pulled into one last high-stakes mission in this breathtaking sequel to Mindee Arnett’s fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi thriller Avalon.
Jeth Seagrave and his crew are on the run. The ITA, still holding Jeth’s mother in a remote research lab, is now intent on acquiring the metatech secrets Jeth’s sister Cora carries inside her DNA, and Jeth is desperate to find the resources he needs to rescue his mother and start a new life outside the Confederation. But the ITA is just as desperate, and Jeth soon finds himself pursued by a mysterious figure hell-bent on capturing him and his crew—dead or alive.
With nowhere to run and only one play left, Jeth enters into a bargain with the last person he ever thought he’d see again: Daxton Price, the galaxy’s newest and most fearsome crime lord. Dax promises to help Jeth, but his help will only come at a price—a price that could mean sacrificing everything Jeth has fought for until now.
The conclusion to the story Mindee Arnett began in her acclaimed novelAvalon, Polaris is a dangerous journey into the spaces between power and corruption, life and death, the parts of ourselves we leave behind, and the parts we struggle to hold on to.
About Mindee :
Mindee Arnett lives on a horse farm in Ohio with her husband, two kids, a couple of dogs, and an inappropriate number of cats. She’s addicted to jumping horses and telling tales of magic, the macabre, and outer space. She has far more dreams than nightmares.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Other Bewitched Links
- Review Avalon
- 10 Secrets about Seth (Avalon Tour)
- 1/12/2015- Bewitched Bookworms– Interview
- 1/13/2015- The Eater of Books!– Review
- 1/14/2015- Nerdophiles – Guest Post
- 1/15/2015- Blogging Between the Lines– Review
- 1/16/2015- Working for the Mandroid- Interview
- 1/19/2015- The Cover Contessa– Guest Post
- 1/20/2015- Spiced Latte Reads– Review
- 1/21/2015- Such a Novel Idea– Interview
- 1/22/2015- Reading YA Rocks– Guest Post
- 1/23/2015- Word Spelunking- Review
1 signed set of AVALON and POLARIS. US Only. (Courtesy of Mindee!) Entires via the Rafflecopter below.
I hope you are all as excited as I am about this series! I can wholeheartedly tell you that it’s an amazing series you shouldn’t miss with a sequel that is as amazing as the first one!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
I’m so so excited for this book! Can’t wait to see how it all comes together!
I AM SO EXCITED !!!!!
Four Deaths! Dude, I am going to have to mentally prepare for this one!
This looks like an interesting Sci-Fi series, I’m looking forward to starting it soon.
Thanks for the giveaway<3
YESS!! I’m so so hopeful for the stars to allign because I would LOVE to read the story for that character!! I loved the story and background and the questions raised!!
And damn it, I’d love to know about the tattoo too! 😉
Pili @ In Love With Handmade recently posted..Mark This Book Monday: ARC Review of The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick!!!
I loved Avalon and wait for the next one.
Thanks you guys! And I’ll make you a deal–if I get the chance to write the Avalon spin-off I’m hoping for, I will write a promotional short that reveals the tattoo–including exact location. Promise!
Oh Mindee!!! We have this here black on white (or rather blue on grey) but you are not getting out of this, and I will remember and will remind you!!
Oh and BTW- YEESSSS for a Spin off!!!!!
Danny recently posted..Ignite by Sara B. Larson – Defy #2
It’s a done deal…if I get the book, I’ll write the story!
The first time I heard about this was on Epic Read’s Tea Time, and Aubrey said it was one of her favorites! Ever since then, I have been wanting to read this! Thank you!
I really can’t wait to get my hands on this book, I know that it’s going to simply amazing as the first one was! 🙂
Suz @ A Soul Unsung recently posted..Release Day Blitz: Free Fall (Loving Summer-Donovan Brothers #6) by Kailin Gow
SOOO excited! I didn’t know it was only two books. That means it’s the end! Even more exciting! Can’t wait to read, thanks for the giveaway!
Ellie recently posted..Year End Finale 2014 and Goals of 2015
this looks and sounds fantastic! Thanks for the great spotlight 🙂
Mindee, I love your hair! And this series sounds awesome!
Aw, thank you!
Thanks for the giveaway-I think my husband would really like these books.
#5 is not pleasing to my eyes O_O I shall prepare the tissues and chocolate. And I’ll definitely need to read Proxy before next week.
I have a horrible feeling about #8. Horrible, horrible feeling. But #10 is so pleasing! I really hope that ends up publishing; I adore this series and I’m so sad that Polaris is possibly the last!
Kayla @ The Thousand Lives recently posted..ARC Review: When by Victoria Laurie
This book looks absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to read it. The cover is gorgeous and so is your hair! 😀
I can’t wait to read this! And now I’m really curious about Jeth’s tattoo 🙂
Zareena recently posted..It was so perfect! Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I really loved Avalon, and can’t wait to see the story evolve in Polaris.
I tend to love anything Danny recommends so it looks like this series that previously slipped my radar is going right onto my wishlist.
Rhianna recently posted..Review: Ghost of a Promise by Kelly Moran
I have never heard of this book before, but it looks really good!
The book sounds like an awesome read. I haven’t read the first one, but I will have to read it now. Thanks for having the giveaway.
A great collection of secrets. That’s sure to get everyone salivating to read it, I know I am. Thanks for the chance to win a copy of Polaris
This book has been on my radar for some time now and now just reading Mindee 10 secrets I really want to check it out! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
Thanks for the giveaway. This looks like an interesting series.
GAH! I haven’t read Avalon yet, but the cover for Polaris is so beautiful! It’s at the top of my TBR list!
Rachelle recently posted..Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger Review
This is my first time hearing of this series, but it sounds great. Thanks for the giveaway! 🙂
Okay I definitely need to read this series! I wanted to before because of the awesome cover and because it’s in space, but now that I know there are Doctor Who references!!! I just got to read them now!
Oh man, what a great list. I’m SO intrigued by these fours significant deaths! O_O Can’t wait to get my hands on Polaris!
Kelley (Oh, the Books!) recently posted..Review: Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
This sounds great! I have to say I would love to see this as a movie.
[…] 12th – Bewitched Bookworms – […]