Hey Everyone! If you have been here on Monday, you might have seen my review of this wonderful and amazing book Joyride from the even more wonderful Anna Banks!
I truly truly loved this book, so I’m excited to have Anna here today to share a special Joyride Playlist with us!
Anna Bank’s Playlist for Joyride
This playlist can be listened to at: Spotify!
I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes
I think this song really fits Carly and Arden because Arden doesn’t want an ordinary girl. He witnesses her do something that takes a lot of courage—and perhaps a little crazy—and he knows then that she’s the one he wants.
Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
This is such a sweet song, but it’s so true with Carly and Arden. They don’t need or want some higher standard—they accept each other for what they are.
Like We Never Loved at All by Faith Hill
I can’t tell you too much about why I chose this song—you’ll just have to read to find out!
Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
I chose this song in honor of Carly realizing that having some fun is not some kind of mortal sin.
Wanted by Hunter Hayes
This song is dedicated to Carly by Arden, and you’ll see why.
The Longest Time by Billy Joel
An oldie but goodie. One of the lines in this song is “Oh, how I need you, and how you needed me to. That hasn’t happened for the longest time.” Both Carl and Arden are going through their own personal struggles and at first, they don’t realize how much they really do need each other.
Roar by Katy Perry
This song is a great one for when Carly transitions into her woman balls, and stops trying to please everyone else all the time. Very fitting for her.
Distance by Christina Perri
Ooooh, this song is dedicated to the part of the book where the characters *think* they could be falling for each other—but they’re not sure.Anna Banks
Published by Feiwel & Friends, Macmillan on 2015-06-02
Genres: General, Love & Romance, Social Issues, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon
A popular guy and a shy girl with a secret become unlikely accomplices for midnight pranking, and are soon in over their heads—with the law and with each other—in this sparkling standalone from NYT-bestselling author Anna Banks.
It’s been years since Carly Vega’s parents were deported. She lives with her brother, studies hard, and works at a convenience store to contribute to getting her parents back from Mexico.
Arden Moss used to be the star quarterback at school. He dated popular blondes and had fun with his older sister, Amber. But now Amber’s dead, and Arden blames his father, the town sheriff who wouldn’t acknowledge Amber's mental illness. Arden refuses to fulfill whatever his conservative father expects.
All Carly wants is to stay under the radar and do what her family expects. All Arden wants is to NOT do what his family expects. When their paths cross, they each realize they’ve been living according to others. Carly and Arden’s journey toward their true hearts—and one another—is funny, romantic, and sometimes harsh.
More Links & Info
- Add Joyride to your to-read list on Goodreads.
- Join in on social media with #Joyride.
- Visit Anna’s website and follow her on Twitter!
- Read my 5* Review of Joyride
- A love Letter from Arden to Carly (seriously, do not miss this!!)
One Winner will get a finished copy of Joyride. US/Can addresses only and please enter via the Rafflecopter below.
And are you excited about Joyride? I admit I loove this playlist, it’s definitely music I love and if I wouldn’t have already read and loved Joyride already, I knew I needed to read it right away!
Full Blog Tour Schedule
- May 7- The Reader Bee
- May 8- A Perfection Called Books
- May 9- The Young Folks
- May 10- Love Is Not a Triangle
- May 11- The Eater of Books
- May 12- Xpresso Reads
- May 13- WhoRU Blog
- May 14- Bewitched Bookworms
- May 15- A Book and A Latte
- May 16- Green Bean Teen Queen
- May 17- Gone With The Words
- May 18-Bumbles and Fairytales
- May 19-Fiktshun
- May 20-Curling Up With A Good Book
- May 21-Swoony Boys Podcast
- May 22-A Reader’s Adventure
- May 23-The Irish Banana
- May 24-Exlibris Kate
- May 25-Love At First Page
- May 26-Adventures of a Book Junkie
- May 27-Dana Square
- May 28-Rather Be Reading
- May 29-Paper Riot
- May 30-Mundie Moms
- May 31-Mary Had A Little Book Blog
- June 1-Alice Marvels
- June 2- MacTeenBooks Blog
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017