Welcome to this new installment of our Love Letter Event. Jenny from Supernatural Snark were celebrating the “loooooveee” with you and some of our favorite Authors!
Jenny and I are both big fat suckers of romance, and if a story doesn’t have some tiny bit of romance we usually don’t fully enjoy the book. We love to swoon over the boys and we love to feel the butterflies of first love and intensely touching romance! For each Friday in February two authors is going to share a Love Letter with us, which you can find here at the Bookworms and at Supernatural Snark. This will be either from the author to one of her characters or between characters. And, we can assure you that this is going to be swoon worthy wonderful!
the Love Letters so far…
- I kicked off the event with Heather Demetrios and a heartbreaking Love letter with from her to her main character in I’ll Meet You There – Josh.
- Last week I had the wonderful wonderful Nikki Kelly (LAILAH) who shared a letter to Gabriel, which is again such a heartbreaking letter that completely makes me tear up.
- I have an all-time favorite author who I deeply adore for giving me Galen and the crazily awesome Of Poseidon Trilogy! Now, she soon releases a amazing YA Contemporary JOYRIDE, which I already read and LOVED! And today, she shares a Letter from the Arden (totally having a crush on this boy) to Carly – believe me, once you read it you NEED to read Arden and Carly’s story!
And this week the wonderful Paula Stokes today who soon release a Young Adult Thriller, which was thrilling and also so much fun: Liars, Inc. was such a great read! I’m super excited to have her here today to share a love letter from Parvati to Max, who is the main character in Liars, Inc.which is definitely a story that comes with lots of surprises, twists and turn that keep your head spinning:)
I thought this would be difficult to write, but the words are pouring out of me like tears.
No, like blood.
We both know I’d rather bleed than cry.
I love the way you never pretend to be dumber than you are to get laughs
Or smarter than you are to look cool.
You’re just you.
The more we’re together, the more I start to think it might be okay for me to just be me too.
I never expected to find my strength in you.
I never expected to find my peace in you.
I never expected when my whole world started to burn down around me
That you would be the one who kept me from crumbling into ashes.
I probably don’t deserve you,
But I hope you never leave.
Liars INC is such a fantastic story and so funny!! And.. I LOVED Mac and Parvati together, even though there were so many instances where I was not sure where they relationship was leading! But of course I especially loved Max! They were such an unlike and truly inserting pair!
Liars, Inc.by Paula Stokes
March 24th 2015 by HarperTeen
For fans of Gone Girl, I Hunt Killers, and TV’s How to Get Away with Murder.
Max Cantrell has never been a big fan of the truth, so when the opportunity arises to sell forged permission slips and cover stories to his classmates, it sounds like a good way to make a little money and liven up a boring senior year. With the help of his friends Preston and Parvati, Max starts Liars, Inc. Suddenly everybody needs something and the cash starts pouring in. Who knew lying could be so lucrative?
When Preston wants his own cover story to go visit a girl he met online, Max doesn’t think twice about hooking him up. Until Preston never comes home. Then the evidence starts to pile up—terrifying clues that lead the cops to Preston’s body. Terrifying clues that point to Max as the murderer.
Can Max find the real killer before he goes to prison for a crime he didn’t commit? In a story that Kirkus Reviews called “Captivating to the very end,” Paula Stokes starts with one single white lie and weaves a twisted tale that will have readers guessing until the explosive final chapters.
For more info, check out the official LIARS, INC. website.
Paula Stokes writes stories about flawed characters with good hearts who sometimes make bad decisions. She’s the author of THE ART OF LAINEY, INFINITE REPEAT, LIARS INC., and several other forthcoming YA novels. When she’s not writing, she’s kayaking, hiking, reading, or seeking out new adventures in faraway lands. Paula loves interacting with readers. Find her online at authorpaulastokes.com or on twitter as @pstokesbooks.
Authors participating in the Love Letter Event
- Heather Demetrios – I’ll Meet You There – Love Letter to Josh
- Nikki Kelly – The Styclar Saga – Love Letter to Gabriel
- Anna Banks – Joyride – Love Letter to Carly
- Paula Strokes – Liars, Inc. – TODAY
- Becky Wallace – The Storyspinner
- Jen Brooks – In A World Just Right
- Mindee Arnett (Polaris, The Nightmare Dilemma)
- Kristen Simmons – The Glass Arrow – Dear Aya – Supernatural Snark!
- Melissa Landers (Invaded)
- Sara Raasch (Snow Like Ashes)
- Emery Lord (The Start of Me and You)
- Liza Palmer (Girl Before a Mirror) – Dearest Ladyhawke The Movie (Supernatural Snark)
- Laura Lee Guhrke (Catch a Falling Heiress)
Jenny and I have an amazing Giveaway for you with 5 winners in total!
- Winner 1,2,3 and 4: Each will get a Book of your Choice from one of the Authors above! (open international as long as Book Depository ships to you! )
- Winner 5 : Hardcover Copy of LAILAH by Nikki Kelley plus some cute and awesome swag (international ) – Prize is provided by Author – Thank you soo much!
The Giveaway will be run until March 20th and you can all enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017