Welcome to this final instalment of our Love Letter Event. Jenny from Supernatural Snark were celebrating the “loooooveee” with you and some of our favorite Authors!
Last year has been amazing, so we are super excited to have this event back for 2015!
And today we are excited to kick off a whole month full of Love!!
Jenny and I are both big fat suckers of romance, and if a story doesn’t have some tiny bit of romance we usually don’t fully enjoy the book. We love to swoon over the boys and we love to feel the butterflies of first love and intensely touching romance! For each Friday in February two authors is going to share a Love Letter with us, which you can find here at the Bookworms and at Supernatural Snark. This will be either from the author to one of her characters or between characters. And, we can assure you that this is going to be swoon worthy wonderful!
the Love Letters so far…
Last week I had the wonderful wonderful Nikki Kelly (LAILAH) who shared a letter to Gabriel, which is again such a heartbreaking letter that completely makes me tear up.
And this week I have an all-time favorite author who I deeply adore for giving me Galen and the crazily awesome Of Poseidon Trilogy! Now, she soon releases a amazing YA Contemporary JOYRIDE, which I already read and LOVED! And today, she shares a Letter from the Arden (totally having a crush on this boy) to Carly – believe me, once you read it you NEED to read Arden and Carly’s story!
Okay so I know this is lame. The good news is, you’re never going to see this letter. The bad news is, yeah I suck at expressing my feelings and all that psychological babble. But they say if you write things down you can get them off your chest or whatever. So here goes:
I’m falling for you. So hard. I can’t even begin to comprehend what to do about it. I swear it feels like the real me didn’t exist before I met you, and now you’re really good at making me feel like the fake me doesn’t exist at school either! What have you done, Carly. What have you done. I know this sounds unromantic, but girls never make me feel this way. Only you. Yes, you pointed a gun at my head, and yes you did slosh milk in my face in front of the entire class and yes, you actually do sound like a donkey when you laugh. But it’s all adorable, every bit of it. And it’s so frustrating because I don’t want it to be adorable. If I could make it stop, I would.
Or, maybe I wouldn’t.
So there. I said it. Now to burn this letter and pick you up from work.
Arden Pathetic Moss
Arden is so damn adorable and hilarious! I already loved Joyride and meet already Arden and Carly and YES it’s a book you all need to read because it’s awesome. It has Anna’s wonderful sense of humor, but still deals with very difficult and deep subjects. It’s just the perfect combination and everything I always look for in a Contemporary YA!
Joyride by Anna Banks
June 2nd 2015 by Feiwel & Friends
A popular guy and a shy girl with a secret become unlikely accomplices for midnight pranking, and are soon in over their heads—with the law and with each other—in this sparkling standalone from NYT-bestselling author Anna Banks.
It’s been years since Carly Vega’s parents were deported. She lives with her brother, studies hard, and works at a convenience store to contribute to getting her parents back from Mexico.
Arden Moss used to be the star quarterback at school. He dated popular blondes and had fun with his older sister, Amber. But now Amber’s dead, and Arden blames his father, the town sheriff who wouldn’t acknowledge Amber’s mental illness. Arden refuses to fulfill whatever his conservative father expects.
All Carly wants is to stay under the radar and do what her family expects. All Arden wants is to NOT do what his family expects. When their paths cross, they each realize they’ve been living according to others. Carly and Arden’s journey toward their true hearts—and one another—is funny, romantic, and sometimes harsh.
Find Anna Banks
Anna is amazing and .. you must follow her on Twitter, she’s hilarious and so full of snark that I sometimes burst out laughing!!!
Links at Bewitched Bookworms
- Of Poseidon Review of awesome
- Character Interview with Galen and Toraf (seriously… read this!! lol)
- Degrees of Wrong by Anna Scarlett
- Of Triton – Review
- Of Triton Blog Tour and 10 Secrets about Galen (*swoon*)
Authors participating in the Love Letter Event
- Heather Demetrios – I’ll Meet You There – Love Letter to Josh
- Nikki Kelly – The Styclar Saga – Love Letter to Gabriel
- Anna Banks – Joyride – TODAY
- Paula Strokes – Liars, Inc.
- Becky Wallace – The Storyspinner
- Jen Brooks – In A World Just Right
- Mindee Arnett (Polaris, The Nightmare Dilemma)
- Kristen Simmons – The Glass Arrow – Dear Aya – Supernatural Snark!
- Melissa Landers (Invaded)
- Sara Raasch (Snow Like Ashes)
- Emery Lord (The Start of Me and You)
- Liza Palmer (Girl Before a Mirror) – Dearest Ladyhawke The Movie (Supernatural Snark)
- Laura Lee Guhrke (Catch a Falling Heiress)
Jenny and I have an amazing Giveaway for you with 5 winners in total!
- Winner 1,2,3 and 4: Each will get a Book of your Choice from one of the Authors above! (open international as long as Book Depository ships to you! )
- Winner 5 : Hardcover Copy of LAILAH by Nikki Kelley plus some cute and awesome swag (international ) – Prize is provided by Author – Thank you soo much!
The Giveaway will be run until March 20th and you can all enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
And don’t forget to head over to Jenny who hosts Kristin Simmons today!!
Oh you guys! Have you read already I’ll Meet You There?
Let me know if you also loved this letter so so so soo much. Don’t you want to meet Josh now and hug him and make him feel better?
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017