February is the month of Valentines Day and all things about loooooveeee! So, Jenny from Supernatural Snark are celebrating this month with you and some of our favorite Authors!
Jenny and I are both big fat suckers of romance, and if a story doesn’t have some tiny bit of romance we usually don’t fully enjoy the book. We love to swoon over the boys and we love to feel the butterflies of first love and intensely touching romance!
For each Friday in February two authors is going to share a Love Letter with us, which you can find here at the Bookworms and at Supernatural Snark. This will be either from the author to one of her characters or between characters. And, we can assure you that this is going to be swoon worthy wonderful!
Last week we kicked of the Event with Katie McGarry (here at the Bookworms) and with Wendy Higgins over at Supernatural Snark. Two wonderful, swoon worthy love letters that were absolutely amazing.
This week I have Sara B.Larson here who debut this year with the YA Fantasy DEFY, which I loved so very much!
And she comes with a Letter that is so so wonderful. She actually wrote a letter to one of her characters and .. Oh Ladies!!
Dear Marcel from Sara
Love Letter to Marcel from Sara B. Laron
It’s Valentine’s Day this month in my world, so I wanted to take this opportunity to write you a little letter. I felt the need to let you know how much I admire you—your bravery and quick-thinking are traits I wish more people possessed. It breaks my heart to think of what you and Alexa have had to endure in your lives, but your ability to persevere inspires me. Even though you like to give Alexa a hard time, your devotion to her makes it so I can’t help but love you. You are everything that is good in this world, and I dare anyone who meets you not to love you. Thank you for teaching me what it means to truly love someone—to be willing to do anything for that person.
With all the love in my authorly heart,
Sara B. Larson
Isn’t this wonderful ladies??? Truly – you have to meet Marcel in order to fully understand and appreciate this wonderful words from Sara. Also, it’s so moving to see an Author being so in deep love with their characters!
A lush and gorgeously written debut, packed with action, intrigue, and a thrilling love triangle.
Alexa Hollen is a fighter. Forced to disguise herself as a boy and serve in the king’s army, Alex uses her quick wit and fierce sword-fighting skills to earn a spot on the elite prince’s guard. But when a powerful sorcerer sneaks into the palace in the dead of night, even Alex, who is virtually unbeatable, can’t prevent him from abducting her, her fellow guard and friend Rylan, and Prince Damian, taking them through the treacherous wilds of the jungle and deep into enemy territory.
The longer Alex is held captive with both Rylan and the prince, the more she realizes that she is not the only one who has been keeping dangerous secrets. And suddenly, after her own secret is revealed, Alex finds herself confronted with two men vying for her heart: the safe and steady Rylan, who has always cared for her, and the dark, intriguing Damian. With hidden foes lurking around every corner, is Alex strong enough to save herself and the kingdom she’s sworn to protect?
About Sara B. Larson
My debut YA fantasy DEFY was published on January 7, 2014! I’m represented by Josh Adams. Mommy of three. Lover of chocolate, desserts of all kinds, and Swedish Fish. Also good books.
Due to time constraints, I’m not on goodreads very often and can’t usually check all my messages. But I AM active on Twitter, FB, and my blog! All requests for interviews/guest posts/etc. need to go through my publicist, Sheila Marie Everett at Scholastic. Please email her at severett (at) scholastic (dot) com and she will get back to you as soon as she can!
in the Love Letter Event
- Katie McGarry – Crash Into You – February 7th
- Gena Showalter – Alice in Zombieland
- Sara B. Larson – Defy – Today @ Bewitched Bookworms
- Lynne Matson – NIL
- Wendy Higgins (The Sweet Trilogy) – February 7th
- A.C. Gaughen (Scarlet, Lady Thief)
- Tiffany Schmidt (Bright Before Sunrise) – Today @ Supernatural Snark
- Nichole Chase (Suddenly Royal, Recklessly Royal)
- Lorraine Heath (When the Duke Was Wicked)
- Kasie West (Split Second) – Today @ Supernatural Snark
Jenny and I have an amazing Giveaway for you with 14 winners in total!
- Winner 1 and 2: Each will get a Book of your Choice from one of the Authors above! (open international as long as Book Depository ships to you! )
- Winner 3 : Signed Copy of Crash Into You by Katie McGarry (open US/CAN only) – Prize is provided by Author – Thank you soo much!
- Winner 4- 14: Swag Pack from Wendy Higgins “The Sweet Trilogy” (open International) – Prize is provided by Author – Thank you soo much!
The Giveaway will be run until March 7th and you can all enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
Did you guys read Defy? Isn’t this a touching, moving and most wonderful love letter? My heart just melts and breaks and … *sigh*
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017