Series: Avalon #2
Published by HarperCollins on 2015-01-20
Genres: Action & Adventure, Fiction, General, Love & Romance, Romance, Sci-Fi, Science & Technology, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Buy on Amazon
Jeth Seagrave and his crew of mercenaries are pulled into one last high-stakes mission in this breathtaking sequel to Mindee Arnett’s fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi thriller Avalon.
Jeth Seagrave and his crew are on the run. The ITA, still holding Jeth’s mother in a remote research lab, is now intent on acquiring the metatech secrets Jeth’s sister Cora carries inside her DNA, and Jeth is desperate to find the resources he needs to rescue his mother and start a new life outside the Confederation. But the ITA is just as desperate, and Jeth soon finds himself pursued by a mysterious figure hell-bent on capturing him and his crew—dead or alive.
With nowhere to run and only one play left, Jeth enters into a bargain with the last person he ever thought he’d see again: Daxton Price, the galaxy’s newest and most fearsome crime lord. Dax promises to help Jeth, but his help will only come at a price—a price that could mean sacrificing everything Jeth has fought for until now.
The conclusion to the story Mindee Arnett began in her acclaimed novel Avalon, Polaris is a dangerous journey into the spaces between power and corruption, life and death, the parts of ourselves we leave behind, and the parts we struggle to hold on to.
So everyone knows that sequels can be a tricky thing and I’m often scared to pick them up, especially if I loved the first book so much. With Polaris I shouldn’t have been afraid, it’s been just as amazing as the Avalon!
And since I had Mindee Arnett here on the Blog twice where she shared 10 Facts about Jeth (swoon worthy ladies!) and just last week she shared 10 Secrets about Polaris I decided to share my 10 Reasons why you should read this series and Polaris especially !
Danny’s 10 Reasons Why Avalon and Polaris rocked my bookish world!
- Young Adult SciFI extraordinaire! The world created in Avalon is amazing, rich and excitingly crafted. Set way in the future, many plantets are discovered and one can fly with a space ship from planet to planet. Mindee definitely did a fantastic world building here!
- Star Wars lovers will love Avalon & Polaris! Hands up who loves Han Solo? This cooky thief with his own space ship? Jeth has a little bit of an Han Solo inside of him. He adores his ship: Avalon and would have done everything for his ship. With a world so extremely big and so many planets to go, a spaceship can be your home and the Avalon is home for Jeth.
- Jeth – Oh our wonderful swoon worthy hero! And.. he truly is a hero. He might not start out as a hero in Avalon but he grows so much in Polaris where he has two sisters he has to take care of and.. this boy would do anything for his sisters. That makes him a hero in my book and just so adorable!
- The Pyrean! Oh such fantastical creatures. This is a spoiler from Avalon so please jump to the next point if you haven’t read it yet! In Avalon it’s revealed that the reason why humans can jump through space is actually due to a very special raced called The Pyrean. They are truly fantastical and we learn so much more about them in Polaris with things that are extremely exciting!
- Oh be prepared for some gruesome scenes! I liked it when an author is not going easy on the characters and even though this is a Young Adult story Polaris definitely is making excuses and things will happen to Jeth and his crew that made me gasp and I honestly couldn’t believe Mindee would go there. But.. I love it even more. There is no hope without lost and there are quite a few losses we have to endure in Poalris
- Romance and Love with two amazing heroes! Oh the romance between Jeth and Sierra is absolutely wonderful and heart warming. I told you already how much I loved Jeth, but I also adore Sierra who is kick ass and just so perfect for Jeth! She’s a hero in her own way and just as strong as Jeth. I admired her loyalty and strength and I just loved these two together.
- A Villain Oh so BAD! Every good story needs a villain and while Jeth got rid of the villain in Avalon, he’s now facing even more villains that are after Jeth and his family. Apart from Dax – who we already met in Avalon – there is a new villain who is even more horrible. Sometimes I even had no hope anymore that everything will turn out good in the end…
- Implants that control your mind! OOOoOO the implants that Dax uses to control his soldiers are so horrible and the way Mindee Arnett described them made me shiver! Thinking about putting something inside of your head that can actually control your mind? Horrible idea! Introduced in Avalon they plan an even bigger and much more horrible role in Polaris! Be warned!
- Such an Adventure! I love adventurous stories that move forward quickly with a lot of changes in scenery and setting. Polaris is never boring, with missions that bring Seth and the crew to their limits. Polaris is as fast paced and amazing like Avalon!
- Love ,Friendship, Trust and Family! We get everything in Polaris. Beautiful Romance. Friends that would do anything for each other and even though they still struggle and question each other, in the end they stick together because they feel like family. And also family, how much Seth loves his sisters and how we would do anything for them is just wonderful!
Bewitched “Avalon” Posts
- Avalon Review 5*
- 10 Facts about Seth
- 10 Secrets about Polaris (You can still enter the Giveaway!!)
How about you? Have you read Avalon? Do you like YA SciFi? Excited for Polaris? Did any of my 10 Points made you interested in reading Polaris and Avalon?
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
AHHH!! I’m running out tomorrow to get this one, and I can’t wait to open it up. I’m pretty sure it’ll be my next read after my current, even though I probably should prioritize an ARC or two 😉
Kayla @ The Thousand Lives recently posted..Review: Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Okay, I loved the first one but started this one and set it aside. I think it’s my bad reading mood that’s making me do this and it’s really annoying. I need to read this one!
Mary @ BookSwarm recently posted..Top Off Tuesday: Getting Handsy