How about you?
Oh yeah. That’s right.
a tyrannical government with complete control,
I’m going to keep mine simple.
I saw this book months ago and immediately fell in love with not only the cover
but the premise of the story. And I am here to report that it did not disappoint!
Across the Universe is the type of novel I am always dying to read.
The setting is amazing.
The characters are real.
The plot twists and turns in unexpected and satisfying ways.
The dialogue is organic.
The story’s pacing is not too fast, not too slow, but oh.so.very.right.
And the ending of the novel leaves the reader wanting more.
I want to know more about Elder.
I want to know more about the future of the ship Goodspeed and it’s people.
I want to know how they will all deal with the outcome of book one.
And overall, I just want to submerge myself in this story once again!
Definitely one of the best reading experiences I’ve had in a long time.
I will be anxiously awaiting the sequel.
Let’s talk cons:
1. The story dragged. As in, for most of the book I just kept wishing something would happen and by the time it started to “happen” I just didn’t care.
2. The characters were completely one dimensional. They did not pop out of the page and make me care about them whatsoever.
3. The way the book was written often caused me to disconnect with the story.
4. The back story was over produced and trying to hard.
5. Plain and simple, this book just lacked magic in my humble opinion.
Now I will attempt some pros:
The premise was interesting.
That’s about all I got.
My suggestion: I say pass on this novel and maybe rent the movie when it comes out on DVD so that you can see the actor who is rumored to be playing Jace in the City of Bones movie.
What I liked about The Host was not only the depth of the characters
Dear Ms. Meyer.Hey there. What up? Um… When we gettin’ a sequel to The Host. Hell, any book as a matter of fact. I mean I don’t wanna pry but it has been a bit of time since your last release (not counting Bree, which in all honesty, I don’t count). Somethin’ like… I don’t know… 3 years give or take. All I know is that the infant I held whilst reading The Host is now talking and walking and, in general, a lil person. Soooo… some time has passed.Anyway. If you could take a moment to get back to your fans about any new writing adventures and when we could potentially hold them in our hands that would be divine. Ya know just a little note. We’d appearciate it.Thanks much.Your
Firefly was the most amazing Science Fiction show to EVER
grace TV-land (oh. I went there.).
When it was pulled the wonder that is Whedon didn’t leave his fans in the lurch.
He penned three comic to fill in the gap between the TV show and the movie.
They are Serenity Vol 1-2 and The Shepard’s Story.
From lazerguns to cowboy hats.
To blue handed villains and crazy man eating humans.
Serenity is everything you hope an epic Sci-Fi story will be and then some.
Jump on the Serenity Bandwagon and get it back on the air.
My Bewitched Rating:
tis what I know and what I’ve got.
Do you like the Sci-Fi genre or could you do without it?
And if you likey, what’s a few of your favorite Sci-Fi books?
Until next time —
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017