Series: The Naturals #2
Published by Disney Hyperion, Disney-Hyperion on 2014-11-04
Genres: Law & Crime, Love & Romance, Mysteries & Detective Stories, Young Adult
Seventeen-year-old Cassie Hobbes has a gift for profiling people. Her talent has landed her a spot in an elite FBI program for teens with innate crime-solving abilities, and into some harrowing situations. After barely escaping a confrontation with an unbalanced killer obsessed with her mother’s murder, Cassie hopes she and the rest of the team can stick to solving cold cases from a distance.
But when victims of a brutal new serial killer start turning up, the Naturals are pulled into an active case that strikes too close to home: the killer is a perfect copycat of Dean’s incarcerated father—a man he’d do anything to forget. Forced deeper into a murderer’s psyche than ever before, will the Naturals be able to outsmart the enigmatic killer’s brutal mind games before this copycat twists them into his web for good?
With her trademark wit, brilliant plotting, and twists that no one will see coming, Jennifer Lynn Barnes will keep readers on the edge of their seats (and looking over their shoulders) as they race through the pages of this thrilling novel.
Killer Instinct is the second book in The Naturals series which focuses around gifted kids. All these gifts are a little paranormal, but then also not – making it even more exciting! And as much as I loved the first book, I think I loved Killer Instinct even more!
10 Reasons why Killer Instinct and The Naturals just rock!
- Love love love the idea about these “naturally gifted talents”. It’s hard to describe what Jennifer Lynn created her and its a mixture of advanced psychology and paranormal! In any case, it’s just creatively unique!!
- Cassie – brave smart and caring main character, who sit just a wonderful main character
- Scary Killers on the loose! A few weeks ago I had a post about Serial Killers in YA and I’m always thrilled reading about them in YA. It#s much better for my nerves than hard core Adult, but still scary and creepy enough!
- Interesting Boarding School-like Setting. These gifted kids are all living together and training with the FBI. but they are not really part of the FBI so they are living in a house with a Guardinan and their parents couldn’t care less about them.
- Twits and Turns, and surprisingly shocking moments! I love when a story surprises me and this one did!
- Dean – Swoon… DEAN – brooding bad boy! Period.. *nuff said*
- Ok one more time Dean because he’s on of my favourite characters among the kids. He#s the stereotypical YA Boy I like to read about, but he’s really really was having a horrible childhood! His Dad was a freaking serial killer and wanted Dean to be like him! Poor Boy! But then, he’s still sweet and caring and loyal!
- Killer Dady gives me the creeps! We heard a little about Deans Killer Daddy Issues in the first book, but not much, so I liked that this sequel now focuses on Dean’s Dead!
- Mind Games – What are good Serial Killers without good (…) mind games
- THERE will be a SEQUEL! Yet each book is a closed story or better a case..
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes was a fantastic thrilling and exciting sequel to The Naturals. With twits turns, friendship loyalty and lots of brave (gifted) kids! Easily made it on the top list of my favorite series!
So you like these kind of books that deal with a mixture of psychological and paranormal gifts? How about serial killers?
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
sound like a good book but not really my type, great review 🙂
alreem recently posted..Review: Onyx By Jennifer L. Armentrout
I have The Natural’s in my Kindle library but I still haven’t read it, to my shame, cause now the sequel is out!! I better get onto that soon!
Very happy to hear the sequel didn’t suffer the infamous “second book syndrome” and that the books don’t have horribly cliffhangers!
Pili recently posted..Waiting On Wednesday #67!!
Wow, sounds like all sorts of awesome! Off the the TBR it goes, thanks for bringing it to our attention!
Kat Stark @ NotYetRead recently posted..Review: I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios