Not all of us are sashaying our way through New York City,
self-proclaimed greatest city on the whole freakin’ planet,
basking in a wealth of advanced reader copies, meeting awesome authors,
and hobnobbing with bloggy besties over espressos and lappys.
If you are like me, you could neither afford the trip (which is a pretty penny)
nor the time away from the so called “real world” to make it to this year’s BEA.
Maybe it was only one of the above.
Maybe you really really wanted to go but couldn’t find someone to go with.
Maybe you didn’t know what the heck BEA was and now feel all confuzzoled
and sorta left out as Twitter feeds and blogs exploded with pics and praises.
What’s a book fanatic to do when the seemingly biggest event in books is taking place
and they just aren’t there?!
Well, never you fret!!
cutie is here to save the day.
Why, we pretend to be there, of course!
How you ask?!
Has the cuters lost her damn mind?
Here’s my top five list of ways you can participate in BEA from the comfort of your own home.
b. Sore feet from all the walkin’.
1. Google Map bookstores in your neighborhood.
2. Find one that’s say…. oh…. a mile or two from your casa.
3. Strap on your most comfy walking shoes, grab a water bottle, some snacks,
4. Take pictures of your trip highlighting your favorite moments.
5. Walk proudly into said bookstore.
6. Grab a book you’ve been DYING to read.
7. Stand in line. If need be let others go in front of you so you can really wait for it.
8. Once done buying said book, ask the checker to autograph it
and if they will take a picture with you.
9. Call a friend to pick your tired arse up.
Insane, you say?
You wouldn’t be caught dead doing such a silly thing?!
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Don’t go knockin’ the plan, my friends.
And what of those free books?
Get yourself on NetGalley and start requesting like there’s no tomorrow.
NetGalley is a great service for book reviewers, bloggers, and lovers alike.
With big publishers like Penguin USA, Disney, Harper, and Harlequin on board
NetGalley is offering some fantastic opportunities.
Read them on your e-Reader, computer, iPad, or phone.
Review them on Goodreads or heckles start up your own blog!
And while the bigger names do have request criteria
there are a lot of publishers who don’t have requirements.
Example: Dark Horse Comics who has recently joined NetGalley
and is offering some fabulous comics for review without the hoops.
be happy for our fellow book lovers who get to be there,
bask in their awesome loot,
and soak in all their tweets, video blogs, podcasts, and more.
Because there will be some amazing giveaways,
fantastical news (who doesn’t love the new Clockwork Prince cover?!),
and bloggy wonderment to come.
Case in point.
My fellow Bookworms have already spoiled me rotten:
And I could totes feel that kiss all the way here in the middle of the desert!
And if all those options just don’t appeal to you then my advice?
Start planning today to save money so you can attend next year.
It’s a win-win for sure!
This Bookworm is sofa king excited and happy for her fellow bloggers
who get to go to BEA this year.
And I wish you all a wonderful, book-filled last two days.
VIVAN THE LIBROS!!!!
I know. Somewhere my Spanish professor just died of shame.
Yours forever truly,
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017