|awww…. it’s a little piece of the old layout! *tears up* shhh… no one tell Danny! *winks*|
With the Spring Semester winding down,
my Summer reading plans are starting to shape up.
you guest it, five to share.
1. The Book Junkie’s Bookshelf:
Support Your Local Library Challenge
This one is a no brainer for me, my friends.
Last year alone I read 73 library books.
If you are interested in joining this challenge
the rules of the game are listed here
and ya linky here.
The rules are simple:
1. Read at least 30 library books in 2011.2. Book must be rented (not bought) from the library.4. The books can be any and all genera or formats (audio-book included).5. All books must be read by December 31st 2011.
So go out there and Support Your Local Sheriff… err… Libraries!!
2. Team Challenge: Book Shelf Bingo
AH descried this challenge thusly:
The bingo challenge is fun. Each week we get a new genre to read that corresponds to a spot on a Bingo card. When all 8 team members have read the book and written a short review, we get a Bingo stamp. You end up meeting a lot of people on the site and adding way more books to your To-read pile then you could ever read in your lifetime.
1. The challenge starts January 1, 2011 and ends December 31, 2011. You can start anytime you want to especially if you want to start early.
2. The level of participation: Beginner (3 comics or graphic novels), Intermediate (3-10 books), or Expert (10+)
3. Overlaps with other challenges is definitely okay
4. Re-reads count
5. Feel free to post your list at any time
1. 2011 Fearless Poetry Reading Challenge will run from Jan. 1, 2011, through Dec. 31, 2011.
2. Read 1+ books during the year and post a review.
3. Leave a link to your review in the Mr. Linky.
5. Stiletto Storytime’s
I must admit that I do think it’s important we keep the classics alive.
*haz the nerd*
And so, I think Stiletto Storytime’s Classic Challenge is fabulous.
The goal is to at least read 5 classics this year.
There are higher levels to this challenge however.
The challenge will end December 31, 2011.
Prizes will be given throughout the contest.
For further details please go here.
While I’ve only read one classic this year,
I’ve got a pile I’m hoping to work my way through this summer.
While I don’t feel I need to challenge myself to read more books,
it is fun to get involved with other book fanatics and discuss our thoughts.
And when I’m stuck in a reading rut (aka reading the same stuff over and over again)
Book Challenges do offer a chance to change things up and try something new.
What are your thoughts on Book Challenges?
And are you a member of any book groups online or in the “real world”?
tis what I know and what I’ve got.
Until next time:
Keep your mind on your money and your money on your mind.
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017