Welcome to TV Tuesday here on Bewitched Bookworms, and we’re bringing you a new feature where we share our favorite television series with our fellow Bookworms and with you, our lovely readers.
I Dare You To Watch is a feature where one of the Bookworms picks one of their favorite television series that at least one of the other two Bookworms hasn’t had the chance to watch yet. After explaining what they love so much about this show, the newbies will watch an episode (preferably episode 1 of season 1) and will come back in two weeks and give their verdict. Did they like it? Will they be checking out more episodes? Did they go on a Netflix binge?
Two weeks ago Heather dared me to watch:
About Finding Carter Season 1 :
The series follows Carter, a young girl who has a perfect life with her single mother Lori. After a prank lands Carter in jail, it reveals that Lori had abducted Carter as a child. Now, Carter returns to her biological family and must navigate through her new life while vowing to be reunited with Lori. However, Carter’s biological mom, Elizabeth, is determined to find Lori and punish her for kidnapping her child at the age of 3. Meanwhile, Carter’s father, David, is secretly writing the sequel to his hit book about Carter disappearing. Also in Carter’s family is her goody-two-shoes twin sister Taylor, and her constantly overlooked younger brother Grant.
And of course, I took the dare! Here is what happened:
I streamed the first episode on hulu and I was immediately captured by Carter, played by Kathrin Prescott and she is amazing!! And of course, with me being me, after the first episode I couldn’t stop and watched also the rest of the season.
Here is what I liked the best:
- I love the idea of the plot, with a twin being captured and then coming back into her lost family. Just… she didn’t know she had a “lost” family, and that her mother is actually her kidnapper. You can already guess that the emotional drama runs high here!
- I adore Carter little brother. Seriously I adore this boy! He’s cute, smart and he’s actually the first one Carter bonds with after coming back.
- All the secrets! Because it’s not just done with Carter coming back, apparently there is more to the kidnapping story than her parents let us.
- such a BAD BOY! There are bad boys and there is Crash who is such a lost boy who doesn’t know how to turn his life for the better. Swoon worthy!
- Carter best friend Max is another character that just fits in amazing with the other cast. A little slow, but with such a good heart that everyone wants to have him as a friend!
The first season is up on Mtv and HuluPlus for your binge-watching pleasure. Season 2 is now airing on Mtv on Tuesdays at 9pm CST/10pm EST!
Taken together, I have to thank Heather yet again for making me watch a show I wouldn’t have picked up otherwise! It’s full of drama, intrigue and an outstanding cast!
Also, this is a perfect Young Adult series and will speak to all lovers of YA literature!
So have you watched Carter before? Will you give it a shot now?
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
I haven’t watched this one but I think I’ll have to check it out.
Mary @ BookSwarm recently posted..Top Off Tuesday: Midnight’s Kiss by Thea Harrison
I knew you’d get into it, Danny! Now go start watching season 2 on Mtv.com so we can talk about the craziness.
Heather recently posted..I took the Dare: TV Tuesday – I Dare You To Watch : Finding Carter