Welcome to this (sadly) last instalment of our Love Letter Event. Jenny from Supernatural Snark were celebrating the “loooooveee” with you and some of our favorite Authors!
Jenny and I are both big fat suckers of romance, and if a story doesn’t have some tiny bit of romance we usually don’t fully enjoy the book. We love to swoon over the boys and we love to feel the butterflies of first love and intensely touching romance! For each Friday in February two authors is going to share a Love Letter with us, which you can find here at the Bookworms and at Supernatural Snark. This will be either from the author to one of her characters or between characters. And, we can assure you that this is going to be swoon worthy wonderful!
the Love Letters so far…
- I kicked off the event with Heather Demetrios and a heartbreaking Love letter with from her to her main character in I’ll Meet You There – Josh.
- Then I had the wonderful wonderful Nikki Kelly (LAILAH) who shared a letter to Gabriel, which is again such a heartbreaking letter that completely makes me tear up.
- I have an all-time favorite author who I deeply adore for giving me Galen and the crazily awesome Of Poseidon Trilogy! Now, she soon releases a amazing YA Contemporary JOYRIDE, which I already read and LOVED! And today, she shares a Letter from the Arden (totally having a crush on this boy) to Carly – believe me, once you read it you NEED to read Arden and Carly’s story!
- The wonderful Paula Stokes today who soon release a Young Adult Thriller, which was thrilling and also so much fun: Liars, Inc. was such a great read! She shared a love letter from Parvati to Max, who is the main character in Liars, Inc.which is definitely a story that comes with lots of surprises, twists and turn that keep your head spinning:)
- Last week , I have the Debut Author of Wonderment Becky Wallace here, whose YA Fantasy The Storypspinner came out this week!! Woot Congrats! I absolutely loved this book, which you can read in my review and I was so excited when I got her letter which made me smile big time! If I couldn’t convince you to read this book, this adorable love letter should do it 🙂
And last but sooo not least:
This week, I finish the event with another phenomenal debut author, who wrote a super special story: In a World Just Right. It’s a book that made me think so much and completely surprised me with the ending. And since a lot about the book deals with Jonathans love for Kylie, I’m excited that today, I have a letter from Jonathan to Kylie!
Oh he is so so so very much in love with Kylie, it’s heartbreaking to see this poor boy so broken and who so desperately wants to have a normal life with Kylie by his side. Their story will truly break your heart and the ending will shock you1
In a World Just Right
High school senior Jonathan Aubrey creates worlds at will. In Kylie-Simms-is-my-girlfriend, he’s given himself everything he doesn’t have in real life-–the track team, passing grades, and his dream girl–-until one day he confuses his worlds and almost kisses the real Kylie Simms. Now his girlfriend Kylie and the real Kylie are changing, and Jonathan must solve the mystery of his own life to save his love from a gruesome fate.
Jennifer Brooks was born and raised in the suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts. After high school she matriculated at Dartmouth College to become a research scientist, but by the end of her sophomore year she felt a calling to the teaching profession. After graduation and fourteen years of teaching high school English, she answered a second calling to write full time while raising her new son. Her journey began with two theses for an MA and later an MFA in writing popular fiction at Seton Hill University.
A competitive hurdler and jumper in high school and college, she coached thirty-one seasons of cross-country and track and field, which is why runners show up so frequently in her stories. Jen has also had a lifelong relationship with books–as a youngster checking out a dozen at a time from the library, and as an adult buying books to build her own personal library. She has always been attracted to the science fiction and fantasy genres and claims Star Wars is the single greatest fiction influence in her life. She also enjoys British literature and says Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse is her favorite book of all time, which is why lighthouses also make appearances in her stories.
Running, Hiking, Traveling, and Gardening are Jen’s favorite activities when she’s not writing. She lives with her husband and son on the North Shore of Massachusetts where she writes from her office overlooking their little backyard pond.
Authors participating in the Love Letter Event
- Heather Demetrios – I’ll Meet You There – Love Letter to Josh
- Nikki Kelly – The Styclar Saga – Love Letter to Gabriel
- Anna Banks – Joyride – Love Letter to Carly
- Paula Strokes – Liars, Inc. – Love Letter to Maxi
- Becky Wallace – The Storyspinner –Love Letter to Jo
- Jen Brooks – In A World Just Right – TODAY
- Mindee Arnett (Polaris, The Nightmare Dilemma)
- Kristen Simmons – The Glass Arrow – Dear Aya – Supernatural Snark!
- Melissa Landers (Invaded)
- Sara Raasch – Snow Like Ashes – Dear Meira – Supernatural Snark
- Emery Lord (The Start of Me and You)
- Liza Palmer (Girl Before a Mirror) – Dearest Ladyhawke The Movie (Supernatural Snark)
- Laura Lee Guhrke (Catch a Falling Heiress)
Jenny and I have an amazing Giveaway for you with 5 winners in total!
- Winner 1,2,3 and 4: Each will get a Book of your Choice from one of the Authors above! (open international as long as Book Depository ships to you! )
- Winner 5 : Hardcover Copy of LAILAH by Nikki Kelley plus some cute and awesome swag (international ) – Prize is provided by Author – Thank you soo much!
The Giveaway will be run until March 20th and you can all enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
Oh damn it… it’s already over again – I so love this Love Letter Event and I hope you enjoyed it too!
But… what do you say about this last letter from Jonathan? And I promise you that this book is very special!