TGIF!!! Which of course means that it’s time for the BlogHop and the Follow Friday and a review of we did this week!
She is so wonderful for hosting this event every week! Thanks so much, Jen, for all your work!!! This week Christina from The Paperback Princesses asks:
do you stick it out and keep reading
or move to your next title?
First, am I reading for fun or because I was given the book for review? If it’s just a book I picked up because I loved the cover or got a recommendation from a friend and it doesn’t keep my interest, I usually just put it to the side and move onto one of the many other titles in my TBR pile. If it’s a book I’ve been given for review, though, I soldier on, trying to find the things I can like about it: is the writing particularly good despite the fact that the story’s just not grabbing me? Are there characters I can enjoy even if not every single word makes me sing? Stuff like that.
Second, even if it’s a book I’ve been given for review, there are occasions where I just can’t finish a book. This is primarily because I either find the writing sub-par or the characters are all so odious I just can’t find anything redeeming in the book. In cases like this, I’d rather stop reading than force myself to finish. There’s just too many other good books to review.
Fortunately this second case is pretty rare and almost every book I read has something to love about it.
Thanks, Christina and Jen, for the great question and the awesome hop!!!
For me it’s Beautiful Darkness hands down! I have been waiting for this book to release for MONTHS and I’m so happy I have it in my little hands to re-read.
We love networking so much! So please stop by both Parajunky’s and Amy and Jennifer’s sites as well and see who else is out and about doing the book blog networking thing!
Finally, we’d love to take the opportunity to welcome all the new faces and the old ones too! *waves* Glad you are here and we hope you like it here at the Bewitched Bookworms.
- Heather hit us up with a great, wry quote from The Black Dagger Brotherhood in this week’s Notable Quotables. Come see which quote she chose and join the meme!
- Sunday found us peeking in on Cutie’s latest book haul in this week’s In My Mailbox post. This girl reads SO MANY BOOKS!!! And they’re all fantastic! Check them out.
- I reviewed Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It’s about suicide, fate and love missed. And it’s beautiful!
- Danny and I got the chance to interview the awesome HP Mallory who’s giving away a copy of both of her novels, Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble and How To Kill A Warlock!! Check it out and enter today!
- I got to squee over the release of Beautiful Darkness (WOOT!) I can’t wait for the interview of Kami and Margi to post next week!!
- What’s Danny dying to get her hands on this week? Check out her selection in this week’s Waiting On Wednesday post.
- Uhyesplease reviewed an intriguing book, Whispers by Phoebe Kitanidis. Check out what makes this book so different and yet so compelling in UYP’s review.
- Cutie’s Corner is in the house!!! And this edition is all about her stupendous TBR stack AND…she ends with another challenge! Cutie is a girl who loves a dare!! So check it out!
- You still have a few hours left to enter the 500+ Followers Contest! We’ll be picking winners at 10pm CST on Friday, October 15th, so if you haven’t entered, do so now! There are NINE FABULOUS PRIZES!!!!
- And as many of you are aware, Cutie is hosting an epic hush, hush discussion! This week’s post is by Tasha of Something Less Productive. If you enjoyed hush, hush, you should DEFINITELY check it out! AND everyone who comments is entered for a chance to win a pre-ordered copy of Crescendo! Check out the give-away rules here.
Now go and get lost….in a book!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017