Today I am excited to host the author duo Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan on the Blog to feature their Young Adult Dystopian Novel “WASTELAND” which was released March 26th from HarperTeen.
The Authors are giving us a A lesson in Wasteland – If you were teaching a course on surviving in the world of Wasteland, what would that course be called and what might the syllabus look like?
“Wasteland Survival 101”
Week 1: Water… arghh, it’s poisonous! One drop can kill you!
Discuss possible hypotheses as well as omnipresent danger.
In-class exercise: figure out a way to find drinkable water while avoiding sudden showers, hidden puddles, streams, dew.
Week 2: Food.
Discuss how to find it; dangers involved.
In-class exercise: how to find and prepare decades-old packaged food.
Week 3: Variants
Discuss history of conflict between variants (“mutants”) and norms.
In-class demonstration: variant fighting techniques.
Week 4: Authority.
Guest speaker: Levi, surrounded by his armed guards, will discuss why he controls everything. all the anger and defiance.
Welcome to the Wasteland. Where all the adults are long gone, and now no one lives past the age of nineteen. Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan’s post-apocalyptic debut is the first of a trilogy in which everyone is forced to live under the looming threat of rampant disease and brutal attacks by the Variants —- hermaphroditic outcasts that live on the outskirts of Prin. Esther thinks there’s more to life than toiling at harvesting, gleaning, and excavating, day after day under the relentless sun, just hoping to make it to the next day. But then Caleb, a mysterious stranger, arrives in town, and Esther begins to question who she can trust. As shady pasts unravel into the present and new romances develop, Caleb and Esther realize that they must team together to fight for their lives and for the freedom of Prin.
Get a copy
Watch the Trailer: Book Trailer
Laurence Klavan Website:
Susan Kim – HarperTeen website
Make sure to visit the rest of the Tour for awesome content!
- Monday, March 25th – SciFi Chick – guest post
- Tuesday, March 26th – The Irish Banana – author interview
- Wednesday, March 27th – IB BookBlogging – character profile/excerpt
- Thursday, March 28th – The Nocturnal Library – guest post
- Friday March 29th – Candace’s BookBlog – author interview
- Monday, April 1st – The Book Swarm – this or that list
- Tuesday, April 2nd – Supernatural Snark – character profile/excerpt
- Wednesday, April 3rd – Alison Can Read – author interview
- Thursday, April 4th – Bewitched Bookworms – guest post
- Friday, April 5th – Alice Marvels – guest post
and last but not least, HarperTeen is offering a Giveaway for you guys! Simply enter the Rafflecopter below! Oh and I wanted to thank Jenny for putting together this awesome Tour and for including us!
Much Love and … enjoy your food while it lasts ..
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017