It’s Friday and the weekend is upon us! So, let’s celebrate with some Blog Love and Networking!
Let’s start with Jen’s Blog Hop.
Each week there is a new question to answer, which is fun and also helps to get to know each other better. This week’s question is from Angela over at Library Girl Reads. She asks:
What is the thing you like most about reading book blogs?
Is it the reviews, author guest posts, articles, giveaways,
or something else entirely?
Great question, Angela!!! I have to admit that there’s a lot to love about the book blogs that are out there today. There are so many wonderful give-aways and author interviews and discussions about books and publishing in general, but for me? I’m a purist. I ADORE a great review. I love being introduced to a great book I’ve never heard of before or even better, having my mind changed about a book I’ve passed on. There’s nothing better than seeing someone’s obvious love for a book to get you to pick it up and give it a try.
Thanks, Angela and Jen, for this weeks great Hop/Question!
Do you have an under-noticed author that you think we should all know about?
Excellent question, Amanda!!! And the answer is YES!!! Many, many authors whom I love and who we’ve pimped over the past few months.
But since we’ve been asked to pick just one, I’m going to say:
This man writes with biting wit and total heart and he snagged me right away as a big fan. His book, Jenny Pox, was one of the BEST books I read this year and I want to put a copy of it into the hands (no pun intended, Jeff) of every person I meet! Read my and Heather’s review of the book here and then go here and buy a copy. You seriously will not be disappointed.
And if I may add something to Amanda’s question:
Once you read a great book by
an indie/debut/under-noticed author,
do you review it on sites like Amazon as well?
I recently found out just how beneficial this can be to authors trying to make a name for themselves. Reviews at sites like these can make a real difference when people are on the fence about trying a book. So I would say if you adore such an author, pimp them in the commercial realm as well! What do you think?
Please stop by both Parajunky’s and Amanda’s sites and see who else is out and about doing the book blog networking thing!
Finally, we’d love to take the opportunity to welcome all the new faces and the old ones too! *waves* Glad you are here and we hope you like it here at the Bewitched Bookworms.
- We signed up for The Story Siren’s 2011 Debut Author Challenge. Anyone who blogs about books knows about The Story Siren and her great meme’s and challenges. And this challenge suits us so well since we adore helping out new authors! Check out our post and sign up yourself!
- I remembered how I met my beloved Bookworms, through our love of Twilight, in this week’s Notable Quotables.
- Heather induced envious teenage (and adult) wailing when she announced her In My Mailbox contents!!!
- We recapped Week 5 in the the Beautiful Darkness Book Discussion!!
- Danny reviewed a book that left her wanting more, Once in A Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber, but as usual linked to another reviewer who adored it. Check out both reviews and then chime in with your two cents if you’ve read it!
- Danny also reviewed Past Midnight by Mara Purnhagen, an interesting book about a girl whose family hunts ghosts but decides to settle down so that she can have a “normal” year and how well that goes. Definitely check Danny’s review out.
- Heather’s been waiting quite a long time for The Last Little Blue Envelope, in this week’s Waiting on Wednesday.
- Heather came back the next day with her review of Deeper Than Dead by Tami Hoag which she received through a book tour and adored!
- All week long, we’ve also been hosting our Santa’s Sac Scavenger Hunt contest! It will continue to run daily through December 12th and even if you missed out on the drawings for the previous days, you’ll want to check them out so that you can build the mystery sentence to enter for the grand prize on the 13th.
- Still time to jump into the Beautiful Darkness Book Discussion. Week 6 by Uhyesplease is up and people left already awesome comments on that one! Please join our discussion by answering this weeks question. And… as a cheery on top you are entered in a giveaway!!
- And next week, on the 15th, we’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be hosting Chloe Neill on her Hexbound blog tour!! Definitely stop by and check that out!
- And don’t forget to hop on over to our Audiobook Challenge for 2011! It’s going to be great fun and a great way to enjoy books even when you can’t have one in your hands. Check it out!!
Exciting times, no? Now go and get lost…in a book!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017