Happy Friday Welcome to our Friday Feature!
My Friday Love is a weekly where we want to share what we loved during this past week.
My Friday Love is…
Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I think many of you heard already about the new YA paranormal series Jennifer L. Armentrout is going to publish with Harlequin TEEN this year. The Dark Elements series is promised to be sexy, thrilling and exciting with the first book White Hot Kiss coming in February 2014.
Often Prequels come out to make the waiting more bearable and often I just do not read them, or I read them after I read the actual book.
Now Bitter Sweet Love is different as a prequel and it’s perfectly, wonderfully different!
Bitter Sweet Love
In a sizzling prequel novella to her new series THE DARK ELEMENTS, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout draws readers into the extraordinary, irresistible world of Wardens and demons.
Dez wasn’t just Jasmine’s crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn’t help that Jas’s father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally.
And now he’s back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn’t taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again…
Let me count the reasons why you must read this prequel and why you can totally read it before White Hot Kiss and why you should do so:)
- It will introduce you easily to the world of The Dark Elements by getting us into the specifics of Wardens, their culture and their awesomeness!
- It’s the PERFECT way to get into this series without taking away from the excitement of reading the first book.
- It features not the actual protagonists Layla, Zayne and Roth from White Hot Kiss but feature two Wardens (Gargoyles my friends) who will briefly appear in White Hot Kiss
- You will get glimpses of all three characters from White Hot Kiss and it’s the perfect teaser and introduction of these characters without revealing anything. Again, how perfect!
- The story centers around Jasemin and Dez and their romance. It’s short, sweet, exciting and hot! Basically a wonderful short story with lots of love, steamy hotness and excitement.
I can wholeheartedly recommend Bitter Sweet Love as the perfect intro into The Dark Elements Series and as a wonderful teaser to get you over the wait until February!
Now tell me, are you as excited as I am about White Hot Kiss and are you going to read the Prequel?