As much as we love books and reading at the Bookworms, we also love watching our favorite TV Shows. So we decided to talk semi-regularly about TV shows, or Movies here at the Bookworms and we hope you’ll also love talking about these stories with us!
And today, I’d love to talk about a TV Show that I would have completely dismissed if not for Netflix. I guess you all know these shows, that you heard about but you were never interested before, but then you see it on Netflix and just give it a try!
This is what happened to me with UNDER THE DOME , a TV Series from Showtime and CBS
“Under the Dome tells the story of the residents of the small town of Chester’s Mill, where a massive, transparent, indestructible dome suddenly cuts them off from the rest of the world. With no Internet access, no mobile signals and limited radio communication, the people trapped inside must find their own ways to survive with diminishing resources and rising tensions. While military forces, the government, and the media positioned outside of this surrounding barrier attempt to break it down, a small group of people inside attempt to figure out what the dome is, where it came from, and when (and if) it will go away.” source – wikipedia
Honestly, this never really interested me that much to be honest, but I can tell after watching the first episode I was hooked!
It comes with some great characters, ranging from Teens to Adults that give the series a great age range. And .. as a Bonus we have Rachelle Lefeve, which Twilight lovers would recognize instantly.
So what makes this series worth your while?
- Thrilling and exciting Mystery! Just think about a Dome coming down and completely shutting of a complete town. Why is it there, What is it? All these questions and much more make this a series that hooks you instantly and makes you watch more and more episodes, because you want to figure out this thing!!
- A Paranormal Twist! I was honestly a little excited when I first realized that this is going to be a paranormal element that I didn’t see coming. I initially just though that the Dome would only serve to cut off this town from all the remaining world so develop dynamics in the town, but I was wrong and there is SO MUCH more going on!! And each episodes equally answers questions but also raises new ones so that you are not getting bored!
- The reluctant Hero! Well, in times like these heroes will rescue those that cannot defend themselves and “Barbie” (seriously… that name is ridiculous) never fails to be the unwanted hero and I love his character a lot! There is a lot going on about him that we don’t know and we never know if he’s a villain or a hero and some episodes clearly make you guess!
- Sweet Romance! What would a good show be without romance and we get some Teen romances and some very Adult Romances which are just perfect!
- Friend or Foe? Oh how we all love to guess, don’t we? Who is “good”, who is “bad” and there are tons of characters in Under The Dome that are not easy to put into one category! And some of these characters also change and evolve and you might end up giving them another chance!
- It’s based on a Book from Steven King! I mean we are all book lover, so I LOVE it when I see a TV show or a movie that is based on a Book, so woot!
- Mike Vogel as Dale “Barbie” Barbara – our reluctant hero!
- Rachelle Lefevre as Julia Shumway – our fierce heroine who of course falls for our reluctant hero!
- Dean Norris as James “Big Jim” Rennie,.. most hated, or most beloved?
- Alexander Koch as James “Junior” Rennie, Oh our complicated bad.boy!
- Colin Ford as Joe McAlister, our Teen-Brainy who sit super smart and every girl must love him instantly!
In the end, it’s a great show and I especially love the mystery! There is a lot going on and I think especially the second half of Season 2 was raising the stakes even higher.
- Under The Dome – Season 1 and Season 2 are both available also on Amazon Prime!!
What about you. Did you watch Under The Dome? Do you like it? I am definitely looking forward to Season 3 which will premier June/July 2015
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017
I thought this was a really great show! All the mystery and excitement about the dome really draws me in! I’m only halfway through season 1, though. I’m getting the hint of something paranormal when Joe and Norie find the ‘center of the dome’. I’m going to have to watch the rest of 1 and then start season 2 soon!
Rosie // Rosie Reads recently posted..Review (64): The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
This reminds me a tiny bit (very tiny) of “Of Beast and Beauty” by Stacey Jay ;)) I didn’t know about this show but I need to check it out 😉
Ari recently posted..First look at: Nowhere But Here
I do love those reluctant heroes. And Stephen King is awesome (creepy but awesome). Haven’t watched this but I might have to check it out.
Mary @ BookSwarm recently posted..Mini-Swarm Reviews: It’s a mystery!
It’s perfect to binge watch as the wait for the next episode would drive me crazy!! Let me know when you watched it and how you liked it!
I’ve enjoyed this for the most part although I was bothered a lot at first by how different it was from the book.
Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf recently posted..Added to the Bookshelf – 2/1/15