2010 is almost over already? Really? When Danny asked me if I would like to share my love of books and post a few reviews here and there on a new blog she wanted to start, I readily agreed. And I’m glad I did. Blogging about something we all love with my favorite girls is one of the best decisions I’ve made this year.
Here’s some of the highlights of my year:
- Being able to share my favorite authors, like Patricia Cornwell, David Rosenfelt, Jen Lancaster, with all of you and my fellow bookworms. I loved being able to introduce Chloe Neill and Jeaniene Frost to Danny.
- Watching the popularity of this book blog explode, largely due to the tireless work of Pushy and Danny. We never expected this little blog of ours to get so big. Thank you so much!
- While I didn’t read a ton of books this year (only around 40), I enjoyed every book I read and reviewed here on this blog.
- I wrote 90,000 words of fiction this year between two projects.
- Author Book Signings with Pushy: Going to book signings with Pushy is great, even though we confuse every author with a ton of books to be made out to Heather. And she hasn’t once complained about my unbridled hatred for parking in downtown Naperville.
- Heather Finally Reads: I only posted one segment for this feature last year, where I reviewed the Black Dagger Brother books by JR Ward. I’m still open to suggestions for what to read next, so comment away.
- Indie Authors Galore: With the increasing popularity of ebooks and ereaders (I bought a Kindle in September), the exposure for deserving Indie authors has been increasing. Through this blog, we’ve developed great relationships with JL Bryan and Scott Nicholson, just to name a few. I look forward to discovering more great Indie authors in the future. Look for a new feature, called Indie Spotlight, where we have interviews with authors and book reviews, coming up in 2011.
- My top 5 books that I read this year (in no particular order)
- Jenny Pox by JL Bryan – The best book by an Indie that I read this year, hands down.
- Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Notaro – This book really helped me get through the loss of my stepmom to breast cancer last April. The author’s fictional view of the afterlife was humorous and thought provoking.
- All of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by JR Ward – I just love these, even with some of the cheesiest sayings ever. (What’s doing?)
- Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – Pushy and I had the opportunity to meet these authors and get some books signed, a true class act. These books from a male’s POV inspired my zombie NaNoWriMo project to be written in a male POV.
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson – I know, this doesn’t come out until next April, but I got an ARC and I absolutely loved this book.
It’s been a great year, and here’s to another great year of books and friends!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017