TGIF!!! It’s Friday, which means only one day of work and we have weeekeend! And In Germany we have a long weekend ahead – Monday is free, so I’m a tiny bit more excited!
Each week there is a new question to answer, which is fun and also helps to get to know each other better, so here’s this weeks question:
what book would you want your daughter to read?
Pushy: This is a great question!!. I hope that my daughters grow up to love losing themselves in the pleasure of books, the way I do, and they’re both well on their way, which is encouraging. If I had to pick ONE book that I would want them to read (as of this moment when I’m still half asleep and can’t think of something classic or whatever) it would be The Dragonlance Chronicles (yes I know that’s technically three books but I’m a dork and I own the collectors edition, three in one, so….whatever)
But I really want to know what the other bookworms think!
Cutie has three girls (and a son), most of whom are older than mine, and already reading on their own. Cutie, get in here and answer this one too!
*peeks head in* Did someone call my name? Hm… Well, I really really really want all my kids to read the Harry Potter series. My oldest (who is ten) just started it, and I got so flippin’ excited about it, I just about peed my pants, for realz! If I were to take this question a little deeper than just a book they would enjoy reading, I’d have to say, I am hoping they will read any and all Sarah Dessen novels, because I love the personal growth of her characters and the life lessons they learn. And, I’d want them all to read To Kill a Mockingbird, because that book kicks some serious arse. Do I have to pick just one? *winks* *waves buh-bye* *fades to black*
Uhyesplease has a pre-teen and an infant, so you KNOW you have to answer this, girl!
Heather, I know you don’t have a daughter, but remember you can still always have another baby!!!! If you had a daughter, what would you want her to read?
This book has it all: adventure, love, independence, free spirits. It’s a great YA book.
So please stop by both Parajunky’s and Julie’s sites and see who else is out and about doing the book blog networking thing!
Finally, we’d love to take the opportunity to welcome all the new faces and the old ones too! *waves* Glad you are here and we hope you like it here at the Bewitched Bookworms.
- Last week on Friday we had the opportunity to interview Julie Kagawa, the author of the Iron Fey saga. And we have a contest running: We give away 3 sets of Iron King and Iron Daughter! Wooho! Still time to enter!
- Saturday’s Notable Quotable was from Danny this week with a quote from Karen Marie Morning’s Highlander series.. *swwwon*
- Heather showed us on Sunday what was in her mailbox!
- Heather reviewed “The Cellar” by A.J. Witten and gave it 5 stars! Have to check it out.
- Another round of “You pick, cutie Reads”. Cutie needs your help once again, she has so many book that she has no clue where to start! So please go and help her! 🙂
- On Tuesday we announced the Beautiful Darkness Discussion and Contest! We are all so super duper excited about this discussion, so please have a look at the Announcement and then come back next week and join us! so grab the Button and have fun with us! Oh and we have a contest with fabulous prizes for those that participate!
- Pushy and Danny were “Waiting on Wednesday”: this week their pick was “Darkest Mercy” the last book on the Faerie Series from Melissa Marr!
- Danny reviewed “Halo” by Alexandra Adornetto and she felt very conflicted about this book, go an check out her Review
- It was time for another “cutie’s corner” post : Making a List – Checking it twice where she wrote short reviews about “You”, “The Replacement” and 3 other books!
Now go and get lost….in a book!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017