OoOO I have something super exciting for you!! Please welcome CC Hunter today at the Bewitched Bookworms for a fabulous guest post and an Giveaway of Taken At Dusk the third book in the amazing Shadow Falls series!
Those who follow my reviews during the last few years, I am a huge fan of this series. Born At Midnight is the first book, followed by Awake At Dawn and I loved both books so much! I also had the pleasure to interview both boys on the blog: Lucas the mysterious werewolf and Derek the sweet Half-Fairy!
I am more than excited to host this post from CC Hunter today and for the opportunity to give away a copy to you guys!
Thirteen Things Learned From Taken at Dusk by CC Hunter:
1. The only thing worse than trying to help a woman with amnesia remember her name and life is trying to help a dead woman with amnesia remember hers.
2. Be careful what you wish for—you might just get it . . . and the reality will probably not be anything like the fantasy.
3. The person you think is your enemy could just turn into a friend who’ll do anything to save you.
4. The scariest thing in the world isn’t ghosts or rogue vampires bent on murder—it’s falling in love.
5. Explaining why you have a skunk curled up in your arms to your mom and your old best friend is as easy as eating a brownie while brushing your teeth.
6. We all make mistakes, which is why it’s so important to practice forgiveness.
7. The only thing worse than a pissed-off shape-shifter is a pissed-off shape-shifter in love.
8. Sometimes the earth really does have to open up and swallow you whole before you can accept the truth that’s right in front of you.
9. Vampires have no sense of humor . . . especially when they get turned into a kangaroo.
10. Free will gives us choices, but even making the right choices can’t change destiny …and learning to accept that can be the most painful lesson of all.
11. People aren’t always who they say they are, even if you really want them to be.
12. Sometimes when you try to save someone, they end up saving you instead.
13. Never get between a dragon and a warlock on the war path.
Love this post! It makes me wish to read the book again right now! If you want to know what those teasers are all about, come back tomorrow for my Review !!
publication: April 10th 2012 by St. Martin’s Press (today!!!)
Get your own:
Book III in the Shadow Falls series
Step into Shadow Falls, a camp for teens with supernatural powers. Here friendship thrives, love takes you by surprise, and our hearts possess the greatest magic of all.
Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she’s meant to be with—and the truth about what her emerging powers mean. But she’s about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever…and not always for the better.
Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together. Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it’s not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her, delivering the frightful warning, someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the truth about her supernatural identity, which is far different—and more astonishing—than she ever imagined.
C.C. Hunter grew up in Alabama, where she caught lightning bugs, ran barefoot, and regularly rescued potential princes, in the form of Alabama bullfrogs, from her brothers. Today, she’s still fascinated with lightning bugs, mostly wears shoes, but has turned her focus to rescuing mammals. She now lives in Texas with her four rescued cats, one dog, and a prince of a husband, who for the record, is so not a frog. When she’s not writing, she’s reading, spending time with her family, or is shooting things-with a camera, not a gun.
C.C. Hunter is a pseudonym. Her real name is Christie Craig and she also writes humorous romantic suspense romance novels for Grand Central. www.christie-craig.com
C.C. would love to hear from you. Because of deadlines, it may take her a day or so to get back with you, but she will reply. firstname.lastname@example.org
And now, thanks to the awesome people at St. Martins I have one copy of Taken At Dusk for you to win!!!
Fill our the Rafflecoper and let me know in the comments if you are a werewolf girl = Team Lucas or a Fey Girl = Team Derek. I admit, although I’m normally not a wolf girl I LOOVE Lucas!!!
Much Love my friends and good luck!