I am super excited to have Laura Carter here today during her Blog Tour to kick off her new series with Vengeful Love darkly suspenseful & sinfully sexy Adult Romance you should not miss!
And even better, she stops by today with such an amazing Guest Posts about the Protective Alpha male we ladies all loooove so much, right!?
The Lure of the Protective Alpha Male
by Laura Carter
I can’t speak for all women but I think I speak for a few with these home truths.
- ONE, deep down there’s a part of us that wants to be taken care of.
- TWO, though we might be very independent women, have professional jobs and love a pair of killer heels, we do like a man to hold open a door for us, let us step into a lift before him and buy us flowers.
- THREE, it’s nice to have someone to rely on, someone to fight your corner. That can be your partner, your best friend, your parents or your agent 😉 But the ultimate alpha male will fight for his woman above all else. It’s possessive but that’s how much he cares.
- FOUR, there’s no getting away from the fact that men are generally physically stronger than women. They can pick us up when we fall and carry us away from a tricky situation. They can rearrange heavy furniture without breaking a sweat (or a nail!). And let’s face it, sometimes we need a bit of that in our lives.
- FIVE, we want to conquer men. Break down their arrogance in a way no one else can. They’re a challenge for us.
We fall head-over-heels for the protective alpha male in fiction because he ticks all five boxes…and he’s likely to be hot whilst doing it!
Take CHRISTIAN GREY. He wants to take care of his leading lady. True, in the form of Dominant/submissive initially, but he makes her the centre of his universe. He wants to give her everything she needs.
If you’re looking for an example of the gentlemanly touch, look no further than J.D. Robb’s ROARKE. He falls for a strong woman in Eve Dallas but he doesn’t forget to open doors and buy her coffee.
An alpha to fight your corner? Let’s talk GIDEON CROSS. He protects Eva Tramell above all else. He’ll even kill to keep her safe.
Our alphas are strong. Strong enough to dig their way out of prison and become the COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. He surmounts the insurmountable to get back to the woman he loves.
And, of course, there’s the delectable MR. DARCY whose arrogance and pride is impenetrable to everyone except Elizabeth Bennet. In Lizzie, he meets his match.
So, are you looking for your next protective alpha male? Look no further than GREGORY RYANS in VENGEFUL LOVE. He has it all. He’s strong, he’s smart and he’ll protect Scarlett Heath no matter the cost. But he won’t forget his manners. He’ll buy her flowers. And he’ll flex his muscles where they serve him best…in the bedroom. Did I mention he’s extremely H.O.T.?
Vengeful Love by Laura Carter
- Series: Vengeful Love #1
- Release: March 21st 2016 by Carina Press
He’s a devastatingly handsome, filthy-rich CEO. She’s a high-flying London lawyer. All it takes is one boardroom pitch. One hostile takeover.
Vengeful Love is darkly suspenseful, sinfully sexy white-collar romance at its very best.
I’ve always walked the straight and narrow—following the rules, never straying from my chosen path.
Until Mr. Sexy Bazillionaire CEO Gregory Ryans walked into my life. It was only supposed to be business, but one brush of his wicked lips against my skin changed everything.
I can’t deny what this man inspires in me. I’ll do anything he asks…even help destroy the enemies from his past.
But he’s hiding more than he’s telling me.
When our love leads to tragedy, there’s no going back. Gregory’s past is trying to kill our future.
They say love can bring a person to their knees.
I’ve just proven that vengeful love is the strongest force of all.
Book One of the Vengeful Love Series
About Laura Carter
Laura is a lawyer by day, working for a global business law firm. By night, she puts pen to paper, writing about wealthy billionaires and sassy alpha females.
Laura grew up in England, UK and has spent a lot of time travelling the world. It was whilst she was living in Australia in 2009 that she began drafting her first novel (now safely in a drawer for a later date!).
In 2012, working as a lawyer in London, inspired by the blinding lights and corporate world, the writing bug bit Laura again. From a small bedroom in the city, Gregory Ryans and Scarlett Heath were born in the first book of the Vengeful Love trilogy.
Monday, March14th – BookHounds – Guest Posts
Wednesday, March16th – Me, My Shelf and I – Guest Posts
Friday, March 18th – Parajunkee – Guest Posts
Monday, March 21st – Sassy Book Lovers – Review with short Interview
Wednesday, March 23rd – Sering Night Reviews – Review only & The Four Eyed Cat Reviews – Review with short Interview
Friday, March 25th – Obsessed by Books – Review with short Guest Post
Monday, March 28th – Bewitched Bookworms – Guest Post & Between Books – Review
Wednesday, March 30 – Wild Wordy Women – Guest Posts
Friday, April 1st – Penny Dreadful Book Reviews – Interview (Author or Character)
Thanks to the team at Harlequin and Carina Press, one lucky winner will receive the following:
- Gift Card for $25 at Amazon.com & 25,000 Harlequin MyRewards points
- E-Book copy of Vengeful Love
Enter via the Rafflecopter below!
And.. don’t you also loooove the Protective Alpha male?
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017