Happy Saturday friends and lovers of Stories.
It’s been a while since I found the time to manage a Saturday post, but since quite a while I actually wanted to talk about some things that I love besides reading. So “I’m Obsessed With…” will be a loose feature where I’m going to post once in a while about things I’m obsessed about, like TV shows, movies and other things!
I’m Obsessed with Once Upon A Time
*taken from Once Upon A Time Facebook Page
Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) knows how to take care of herself. She’s a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who’s been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything will change. Henry (Jared Gilmore) is 10 years old now and in desperate need of Emma’s help. Henry believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world … and is Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) and Snow White’s (Ginnifer Goodwin) missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen’s (Lana Parilla) curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time. Of course Emma doesn’t believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It’s a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close … where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don’t remember who they once were – including the Evil Queen who is now Henry’s foster mother. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.
Brace yourself for a modern fable with thrilling twists and hints of darkness. Brimming with wonder, and filled with the magic of our most beloved fairytales, Once Upon A Time is a fitting follow up to Lost from two master storytellers.
What I love About This Show?
- Love Romance – and the happily ever after! This show is all about how love can cure it all. That family matters but that love it what family is based off. It’s like in the fairy tales, a kiss from your true love can cure it all.. Awwww, my heart is melting guys!
- Kick Ass Heroines and Heroes!! This show is filled with kick ass woman that fight against the evil and damn it I love it! So often male heroes play centre stage, yet on Once Upon a Time the woman are the ones who REALLY kick ass! They are strong, loyal and bad ass!
- Magic! Well, when I read books I love reading paranormal books and .. I also love paranormal TV series and Once Upon a Time definitely falls perfectly in this category! As much as I love to dream while reading, I also want to dream while watching TV.
- Contemporary Setting mixed with Fairy Tale Adventures! The series is switching back and forth between the actual fairy tales and the contemporary setting and they fit seamlessly together. Much more awesome that I would have ever imaged when I started watching this show!
- Amazing Sceneries and Settings! Love the CGI and wonderful scenery in this show! It’s the perfect combination to dream and let your imaginations flow!
- Some Hot Men! Yeah, I’m shallow here, but .. well, I love watching TV shows with some nice to look at man! And.. there are some great characters you’ll meet. Like Prince Charming (cute!!? ) and Pinocchio (sexy!), The Huntsmen (Season 1 – now being cast for the leading role in Shades of Grey)
- Captain Hook! Oh Girls… In Season 2 Captain Hook enters the show I was (duuh) hooked! He’s the perfect bad boy with lots of attitude and snark, just basically the same type of Bad-Boy I love in literature! And, Captain Hook is a pirate (well, of coursE) and … damn it if that is not sexy as hell!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017