Happy Sunday! It’s time for …
Danny and I have loved, loved, loved this book! I know that I’m running out and getting the others in this series, and I can’t wait to read and review them right here on Bewitched Bookworms in the future.
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Let’s get to it!
1st Wk – 8/2 Love of Books ~ Heather & Danny’s Post
2nd Wk – 8/9 Babbling About Books and Stuff ~ Heather’s Post
3rd Wk – 8/16 In the Closet With a Bibliophile ~ Heather & Danny’s Post
4th Wk – 8/23 Rainy Day Ramblings ~ Ch 16-21 – Today!
5th Wk – 8/30 Darynda Jones Q&A + winners announcement
1. One of my favorite aspects of this book are the witty snippets at the beginning of every chapter. I especially like the t shirt quotes. My favorites are: Jenius Sarcasm. Only one of the services offered. Do not disturb. Already there. What is the funniest t-shirt or bumper sticker you have encountered? What t-shirt saying best describes your personality?
Heather: I’ve bought many t-shirts over the years with sarcastic quotes on them, mostly for my husband since I can’t wear them to work. I think my favorite was one that I picked up in New Orleans when I was there for PittCon, the humongous big deal Analytical Chemistry conference when I was presenting my grad school research. It said “I’m not paid enough to be nice to you.” His shop mates always got a kick out of that one when he wore it, and well, it’s totallly true. Especially in this day and age of rude people wanting you to work on their stuff for next to nothing,..
The t-shirt saying that best describes me is also my twitter avi: Sarcasm: Just one of the many services I offer.
Danny: Love those shirts and quotes, I was laughing out loud, whenever a new chapter came along with yet another cute quote… I cannot recall the funniest I have encountered, but mine would be something like “get lost in a book”.
2. Charley is constantly helping ghosts throughout the book. Would you like to be able to talk to ghosts and bring closure to their loved ones? How would you feel about all the ghosts popping up at all times day or night? Would you like to have a ghost like Mr. Wong in your house?
Heather: I’d love to be able to help them out, but the almost non-stop bombardment of the dead would grow a bit weary after a while. Having a Mr. Wong hovering in a corner would be a bit annoying, but I’m sure that after a while, he’d just seem like an ugly piece of art that you’re too lazy to move because it has a little bit of sentimental value.
Danny: Oh yes, I’d love to help them out, I believe it’s a good feeling when you helped someone get closure. But no!!!! Please no, Mr Wong in my home. I’d need some salt to protect my home…. At least that’s what Sam and Dean told me…
3. Kim reveals some rather shocking and sad details about Reyes’ past. Do you agree with her decision to adhere to her promise and not intervene? Would you be willing to keep your word and let a loved one die if it was their wish?
Heather: Reyes’ sister Kim is doing what she promised him, even if it means that he will die. He wanted no one to know of her existence to protect her when he’s not there, so she’s going to keep it that way. I’m not sure if I could do the same, but if there was no chance of them waking up from the coma, why let them have such a non-life hooked up to machines?
Danny: I was in a weird place while reading this. One one hand I understood, but then I was furious. I wouldn’t have kept my word in this situation, even thought we would have been mad!
Heather: Charley certainly ticks a licking and keeps on ticking in this series, but then we find out why she seems to rebound so quickly. She certainly needs to become a better fighter, or at least pay more attention to what’s going on around her.
Danny: I’m with Heather here, she certainly needs to learn to kick ass at some point and I’m excited to see how she will change.
Heather: We knew that Reyes was the Big Bad, but now we know that he is even more than this–and he is the son of what most consider the ultimate evil. But does this mean that Reyes is evil? He certainly hasn’t acted that way so far when it comes to Charley, but I’m sure that those who’ve had their spinal chords severed might disagree…
Danny: That revelation was shocking and surprising! I didn’t see that coming! Loved this twist so much. He seems to be very protective about her, is for now I think shes save.
6. Did you enjoy this book? Will you be continuing the series?
Heather: I’m definitely going to continue this series. I’ve read this one in segments with the assigned chapters each week, and I can’t wait to read the books in a shorter amount of time!
Danny: Oh absolutely !!!! I loved this book and I cannot wait to read the next books too!!!!
Next week is a Q & A with author Darynda Jones and the announcement of the prize winners. We can’t wait!!!
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Latest posts by Heather (see all)
- Undercover K-9 Cowboy by Addison Fox - January 18, 2022
- Her Hometown Hero by Jacquelin Thomas - January 12, 2022
- The Women of Pearl Island by Polly Crosby – Excerpt and Review - December 14, 2021