Each week there is a new question to answer, which is fun and also helps to get to know each other better. This week’s question is:
Since today is April Fool’s Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?
Great question, Jen!!! I think my favorite prank was for my BFF’s birthday a few years ago. She’s always wanted a surprise party but she’s SO hard to surprise because she knows everything! It’s like she’s omniscient. Wait, she isn’t is she….no, she can’t be. Back to the story!
So her hubz enlisted me to help keep her busy the day of the party and things are going along nicely. We see a movie, we do some shopping. She thinks we’re going out later, so she’s kind of in a hurry to get home and change, but I keep stalling and stalling and she’s putting up with it because she loves me but I can tell her patience is wearing thin. Then I call her hubz and they need another 10 minutes.
Thinking fast, I tell her I need something from the drug store (too TMI to share here) and I beg her to make one more stop. Then I tell her that store doesn’t have it and I need her to go to THREE MORE DRUG STORES! She’s fuming at this point and ready to slaughter me as we get back to her house and she angrily yanks open the door, anticipating a mad dash to get ready when she’s pelted with confetti and cheers of, “Surprise!!!”
Thankfully she forgave me my antics but I must confess even if she hadn’t it was worth it to FINALLY surprise her.
How about you, my little pranksters????
This week’s question is from Books-Ahoy of Books-Ahoy:
Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.
I think this may be last week’s question, so I’m going to stick to my answers (yup, that’s me, consistent! *wink*):
- I have a library in my house. We live in a fairly average sized home, I don’t live in a mansion by any stretch, but when my husband and I bought this house we set a room aside for all of our books. It’s one of my favorite places in the world!
- I accidentally outted myself to my MIL as a reader of serious bodice ripping romance novels because I shelved them in the above mentioned library. Let’s just say when she saw them it was an odd moment….
- All of my online friends I met because of a book…Twilight. It’s been a magnificent almost three years, ladies, and to you Ms. Meyer…thank you so much for writing something that would make me so obsessed that I would seek out likewise passionate folks on the interwebs!!!
- I’ve written four novel-length stories and thrown three of them promptly away. I think I enjoy the process of writing far more than the process of editing. Also, once the story’s done, I fall out of love with my characters. *sad panda* But I may have a novel worth reading in me yet!
- I love to re-read a good book. I used to spend my summers re-reading Stephen King books when I was in high school. I read Twilight so many times I’ve lost track. I love, love, love re-reading a good book. I like re-immersing myself into a world where the characters are like my own friends. *sigh*
Finally, we’d love to take the opportunity to welcome all the new faces and the old ones too! *waves* Glad you are here and we hope you like it here at the Bewitched Bookworms.
- Danny was thrilled to chat with C. C. Hunter’s hotties, Derek and Lucas, from Born at Midnight and she’s giving away a copy of Born at Midnight!
- Danny reviewed Stray by Rachel Vincent about werecats which she loved!
- This week’s In My Mailbox was by Heather. Come see what she got!
- Danny and Cutie reviewed Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting, the second book in the Body Finders series.
- Cutie got to review an amazing book, Chime by Franny Billingsley.
- Danny reviewed The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder.
- Danny is looking forward to a couple of great books in this week’s “Waiting on” Wednesday.
- Heather reviewed Liquid Fear by Scott Nicholson which she loved!
- Cutie and her super secret partner in crime, KG, busted it out old school with an an awesome, extra installment of Cutie’s Corner featuring soundtracks for five of their favorite books! Check it out!
And don’t forget!! If you like audiobooks: hop on over to our Audiobook Challenge for 2011! It’s going to be great fun and a great way to enjoy books even when you can’t have one in your hands. Check it out!!