If you guys have been here last week on Friday, you might have seen my super fangirly review from Avalon by Mindee Arnett. This Young Adult Scifi Story reminded me of Star Wars meets Heist Society and totally blew me away with it’s awesomeness! And today, I’m so excited to host Mindee during her Blog Tour, which is organised by the wonderful Rockstar Book Tours Ladies. (Rachel and Jamie: Thank you both so much for including me!!)
And since I always love good and amazing character I feel deeply in love with Jeth, the main character and voice of the story. So. I asked Mindee to share some Random Facts about Jeth so that you might also fall in love with him!
Here they are ,and all I can say is: holy freaking awesome!!!!
10 Random Facts About Jeth
- He was ultra-clumsy as a kid. He reached his full height of 6’1’’ by the time he was 15. For a while he was just too big for his body. This made for a number of sticky moments during heists when he first started pulling jobs. Things would be going smooth and then he’d do something silly like trip over his own feet or bump his elbow into something. For a while there, the crew nicknamed him Slick.
- Speaking of sticky situations, the worst one Jeth has ever gotten into was during a routine heist of a Scorpion Raider. He accidently bumped into a biosensor, setting off the alarm. Needless to say the owner showed up early and tried to play pin the bullet on the thief with Jeth. He still has the scar on his right hip just below the waist to show for it.
- The first girl to break his heart was named Star. He was 13 and she a year older. She and her parents were on a cruise ship that made a four-day stop at Peltraz Spaceport (Jeth’s home) for repairs. She gave him his first kiss in a secluded spot in the Menagerie, and then left less then day later without so much as a goodbye.
- His middle name is Lewis.
- He has a secret soft spot for animals that he will never admit to, especially not to Lizzie.
- When he was a student at the Metis Academy he was a member of both the shooting team and the chess club. He’s proud of the former and never admits to the latter. His crew would never let him live it down. Not even his little sister Lizzie.
- As a kid he was a chronic sleepwalker. It was so bad that at one point during summer camp, his counselor had to tie him to his bunk. Thankfully, his over it now.
- Jeth likes to sing and has a beautiful voice, but he won’t sing out of the shower. Ever.
- Every year for his sister’s birthday, he gets her a Starlight Rose—a flower unique to their home planet, Therin. It has a silver pedals and reminder them both of their mother, who used to grow them.
- He has a secret a tattoo that no one ever gets to see, and no—he won’t tell you what it is or where. You’ll just have to use your imagination.
Thanks so much for a fun post!
Uhhhh Ladies!!!! I totally didn’t know he had a tattoo!! And I was already in love with him before, now this makes him even hotter. Unless it’s a butterfly or a unicorn, but I just don’t believe it.
Also, look at point 6: he’s both a geek and kick ass!
Gosh, I love this boy!
A ragtag group of teenage mercenaries who crew the spaceship Avalon stumble upon a conspiracy that could threaten the entire galaxy in this fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi adventure from author Mindee Arnett.
Of the various star systems that make up the Confederation, most lie thousands of light-years from First Earth-and out here, no one is free. The agencies that govern the Confederation are as corrupt as the crime bosses who patrol it, and power is held by anyone with enough greed and ruthlessness to claim it. That power is derived from one thing: metatech, the devices that allow people to travel great distances faster than the speed of light.
Jeth Seagrave and his crew of teenage mercenaries have survived in this world by stealing unsecured metatech, and they’re damn good at it. Jeth doesn’t care about the politics or the law; all he cares about is earning enough money to buy back his parents’ ship, Avalon, from his crime-boss employer and getting himself and his sister, Lizzie, the heck out of Dodge. But when Jeth finds himself in possession of information that both the crime bosses and the government are willing to kill for, he is going to have to ask himself how far he’ll go to get the freedom he’s wanted for so long.
Avalon is the perfect fit for teens new to sci-fi as well as seasoned sci-fi readers looking for more books in the YA space-and a great match for fans of Joss Whedon’s cult hit show Firefly
Quote from my 5* Review:
Avalon by Mindee Arnett is an exhilarating mix of Star Wars and The Heist Society. Lead by a charming adorable boy, mixed with a thrilling, full-on action storyline makes this story stand out. Especially the clever plot that still leaves room to develop characters creates an outstanding and perfect mix that I won’t get tired of gushing over. I’m seriously fangirling here!
About Mindee Arnett
Mindee Arnett lives on a horse farm in Ohio with her husband, two kids, a couple of dogs, and an inappropriate number of cats. She’s addicted to jumping horses and telling tales of magic, the macabre, and outer space. She has far more dreams than nightmares.
2 Signed copies of AVALON. International. Entries via the Rafflecopter below!
So guys! Which of the points do you find the most interesting? Which fact makes you want to meet Jeth now??