I’m Not Her by Janet Gurtler will be featured as the Apple “Book of the Week” on the iBookstore starting on May 21st.
I’m Not Her is the iBookstore Book of the Week
Published May 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Fire
“For the first time in my life, I didn’t feel envy…”
Tess is the exact opposite of her beautiful, athletic sister. And that’s okay. Kristina is the sporty one, Tess is the smart one, and they each have their place. Until Kristina is diagnosed with cancer. Suddenly Tess is the center of the popular crowd, everyone eager for updates. There are senior boys flirting with her. Yet the smiles of her picture-perfect family are cracking and her sister could be dying. Now Tess has to fill a new role: the strong one. Because if she doesn’t hold it together, who will?
10 Fun Facts About I’m Not Her by Janet Gurtler
- In a hospital scene in I’m Not Her one of the nurses is named Tracey and she takes Kristina’s flowers home to her daughter, Carly. Tracey is the name of my sister, Carly is her daughter in real life.
- Every single one of my books has a character named Carly in it. This is a tribute to my niece, Carly. The characters are not based on her per se, but there has to be a Carly in my books. Like a superstition or good luck charm or something.
- This book is dedicated to my sister Tracey. I was able to keep it a secret until Final Page Proofs came in.
- My niece Ciara plays volleyball and her nickname is CEE. She got recruited by a university in the States and is playing there. None of the volleyball players in the book were based on her though. She is a cool like a rock star.
- I thought Clark Trent was a funny name because of Superman’s secret identity. The Superman cape Clark wears in a scene cracked me up.
- I named a couple of the teachers in I’m Not Her after dogs I’ve had. Peppsy (Mr. Pepson) and Meeko (Mr. Meekers)
- In a scene Tess listens to Hedly on her iPod. I LOVE Jacob, the lead singer for the band. He was on the only season of Canadian Idol I watched.
- I named the golf course that Nick works at and Tess’s Dad plays at after my husband. Largurt (Larry Gurtler)
- I’m Not Her was originally called The Weight of Bones, but when I first started writing it I titled it Dance Big Sister.
- Tess’s love of the Discovery Channel and Myth Busters were inspired by my son
I truly love Janet Gutler’s books and I certainly got a copy!
….. so go and grab a copy as long as it’s free!!
Much Friday Love,
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- Meet Alice & The most delicious Teaser – The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter – Blog Tour - September 17, 2014
- Exclusive Cover Reveal – Nil Unlocked by Lynne Matson with Guest Post and Giveaway - September 12, 2014
- Q&A with Titus and Iolanthe from The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas – Blog Tour & Giveaway - September 12, 2014