Each week there is a new question to answer, which is fun and also helps to get to know each other better. This week’s question is by Britta from I Like These Books:
What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?
Wow, great question, Britta!! I would have to say one of my favorite adaptations was the first Harry Potter movie. I loved how they captured the sense of magic and awe and how they really invested in building that world. I never felt like they cut corners, but rather that they were totally committed to being as faithful as possible to the book.
The adaptation I liked least….hmmm….well there are quite a few I’m not a fan of. I mean I really wish Twilight had been done a bit better. Spider-monkey, anyone? But I still loved it because I needed for that movie to be made. So I think I’ll settle on the adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. I’m a fan of Mr. Carrey, but for me, Dr. Seuss’s work is best animated, not live. And Jim Carrey as the Grinch was scary in ALL the wrong ways.
This week’s question is from Louise from Book Bliss:
Wow, a week? I’m kind of a slow reader so I’ll say about one. I always have a book going in three formats (hard copy, audiobook and eBook) but it takes me a while to find the time to finish them no matter how desperately I would love to just sit and read/listen. That’s me. What about you?
Finally, we’d love to take the opportunity to welcome all the new faces and the old ones too! *waves* Glad you are here and we hope you like it here at the Bewitched Bookworms.
- I reviewed a very charming story, The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens.
- This week’s In My Mailbox was by Danny. Come see what she got!
- We announced our winner in the Abandon give-away!
- Danny was entranced by The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney.
- Kristen shared her absolute adoration of The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson!
- Pushy’s dying for a chance to read an upcoming book with this week’s “Waiting on” Wednesday.
- Cutie’s back, helping us kick the not-at-BEA-blues!
And don’t forget!!
We were the kick off stop but the tour for Josephine Angelini’s novel, Starcrossed, is still going! Check it out now!!!
If you like audiobooks: hop on over to our Audiobook Challenge for 2011! It’s going to be great fun and a great way to enjoy books even when you can’t have one in your hands. Check it out!!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017