It’s Friday and the weekend is upon us! So, let’s celebrate with some Blog Love and Networking!
Let’s start with Jen’s Blog Hop.
Each week there is a new question to answer, which is fun and also helps to get to know each other better. This week’s question is from Alex over at Geek in the Brink . She asks:
What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?
Love that question and it’s an easy one for me. It’s most definitely the characters. I need to fall in love with them, or even hate them they need to trigger all kind of emotion. Of course the plot is important too, but if I cannot love the characters the plot can be as good as it wants – I won’t like the book.!
What did you study in college, or are currently studying and did it lead to your current 9 to 5 or are you doing something totally different?
Ok I’m dying to know what all you guys answered on that one!
After school I went to University to study Biology and right now I’m working on my PhD. Next year I will finish and it scares the hell out of me thinking about my defense. I working in a pretty cool research field (Stem cell research – from mouse of course!) and I’m also doing lots of teaching which can be both totally frustrating and totally rewarding.
- Heather reviewed Secret to the Grave as part of a Blog Tour organized by TLC Tours. She absolutely loved this book and you can win both (book I and II) simply by leaving a comment on Heathers post.
- All good things come to an end. We announced the winners of the Santa’s Sac Scavenger hunt and we are so sad this fun is over now. We had a blast with all of you and thanks so much for playing along!
- Still time to jump into the Beautiful Darkness Book Discussion. Week 7 by the wonderful AH from goodreads. Please join our discussion by answering this weeks question. And… as a cheery on top you are entered in a giveaway!!
- We had Lily and Scout from Chloe Neils Firespell series here and oh boy they’ve been fun to talk to!! check out their super funny interview of awesomeness here!
- And don’t forget to hop on over to our Audiobook Challenge for 2011! It’s going to be great fun and a great way to enjoy books even when you can’t have one in your hands. Check it out!!
Exciting times, no? Now go and get lost…in a book!