which is hosted by the lovely Story Siren.
I am a book hoarder.
It would appear I like to buy and/or rent a ton of books,
put them on my bookshelves, and then read something else.
Why do I do this?
I didn’t even know I had started.
Truth be told, I didn’t realize the insanity until
I started doing the IMM posts.
Then I had to come face to book cover with my disease.
And here it is in all its glory:
This week was a lite week at the library.
And this stack does not include the books waiting for me to pick them
up at said library, not to mention the books on their way to my
house from B&N as we speak. (Can anyone say Beautiful Darkness?)
The big question is what am I going to do with this
newly acquired knowledge?
Do I keep hoarding books?
Or do I end the cycle now with some insane plan,
made in the middle of the night,
as I throw together a last minute cutie’s corner post,
because the two super secret ones are still in the works,
all whilst the bestie (who is proof reading this madness)
and her sushi baby get to know their new ukulele?!
*takes a deep calming breath*
*light bulb goes off*
HELL YEAH I DO!
And the best part, I’ve already started it!
So here’s the list:
- Waiting on You ( reviewed on Goodreads)
- Keeping the Moon ( reviewed on Goodreads)
- Almost to Die For (reviewed on Goodreads)
- You (reviewed on Goodreads)
- The Madman of Venice (reviewed on Goodreads)
- Stuck on Earth (currently reading)
- Dear George Clooney: Please date my mother
- North of Beautiful
- Slaughterhouse Five
- Crossing the Tracks
- Super secret book that pushy challenged me to read.
- The Replacement
- Personal Demons
- The Red Pyramid
- Endless Summer
- If I Stay
- Paper Town
- An Abundance of Katherines
- The Winter of Our Discontent
- The Picture of Dorian Gray
- The English Patient
- The Bell Jar
- Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
- Till We Have Faces
- Jane Eyre
- Franny and Zooey
- Raise High the Roof Beams, Carpenters and Seymour
- The War of the Worlds
- In the Shade of Spring Leaves
- Brave New World
- The Scarlett Letter (rereading)
- Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde & Other Stories
- I am Legend
- Little Women
- Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass
- The Prince and Other Writing
- Downtown Owl
- Awakening and Selected Fiction
- the curious incident of the dog in the night time
- The Golden Compass
And to keep things honest, here is the list of books that are waiting at/requested from the library and/or are on their way from B&N (this does not include all pre-orders… Dear sweet baby Jesus, why am I insane!).
- Shadow Hills
- Low Red Moon
- Things I Know About Love
- Early To Death, Early To Rise
- Not That Kind of Girl
- A Kiss In Time
- The Ghost And The Goth
- Beautiful Darkness
(when the truth of my illness hit me after posting this),
college degree holding, beautifully brained lovely!
Basically, I need a book attached to my hip at all times.
Soooo… nothing out of the norm.
and said list is going to keep growing out of control?
*gets back on track*
(Was I even on a track? Run away train much?)
nothing before the end of the year?
But she sure as hell is gonna give it her all.
The postscript: My thoughts are a maelstrom of madness.