We adore talking about books. Come on, that’s why we’re part of a book blog after all, right? But we truly adore the feeling we get when we’ve fallen (yet again) in love with a fantastic book and get to gush about it to someone who feels the same way. Or find out why someone absolutely doesn’t feel the same way (we’re interested both actually).
Danny: You mean you didn’t LOVE it?!?! Are you out of your mind?
Pushy: I just didn’t get the emotional arc of it the way you did!
Hey, am I burning this shirt?!?!
Back in our Twilight days, before this blog was even a twinkle in Danny’s eye, we all enjoyed the occasional book discussion. We participated in them on the Twilight books in the lead up to the movie releases and for non-Twilight books (shocker, I know!). We even did discussions on fanfiction. Let’s face it, we like to dissect just what it is we love about what we love. *cheesy grin*
Then at the very beginning of this year, fragile little human hosted a book discussion in an effort to get us all to read a book she was super excited about: Beautiful Creatures. To say that we were all exited by the prospect was an understatement. And by the end of the two month long discussion, we were all converts. This was one amazing book!
Well, six or so months later, the sequel is out and fragile has generously agreed to co-host the Beautiful Darkness Book Discussion with us right here! WOOT!!!
So, what is this book discussion going to look like, you ask? Allow us to explain:
Each Tuesday for then next few months we will post a very brief recap of the highlights for what new and interesting things we learned in the chapters covered and a single discussion question will be posed for the week. During the next few days we’ll be looking to YOU to tell us what you think and we’ll be here giving you our thoughts as well. Then on Sunday, we’ll do a brief recap of the discussion.
In the words of the inimitable Cutie: Easy. Peasy. Extra Cheesy!
So we hope you’ll stop on by. Here’s what the schedule looks like:
Of course we’re going to sweeten the deal with a contest!!!!!
That’s right, for every good faith comment during the discussion you will get an entry into our Beautiful Darkness Book Discussion Contest where we will be giving away:
the paperback edition of
and some assorted swag
Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
inspired by the Caster Chronicles
by Mary Tippett Designs
Five prizes means five (5!!) lucky winners!!!! We hope you enjoy these prizes as much as the discussion!
- You must be a follower to enter.
- You must post a comment on the discussion posts (not the recaps) that answers the weekly discussion question. As much as we love hearing how much you love us, or Kami and Margie, or Danny’s blog design, you’ll need to answer the week’s discussion question in good faith to get your comment counted as an entry.
- You must live on the planet Earth (yes, this means the contest is international…*wink*)
grab our button and comment away!
Latest posts by Danny (see all)
- INTENSITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Excerpt & Giveaway - September 8, 2017
- Locked in Temptation – Q&A withBrenda Jackson & Giveaway - August 4, 2017
- Locked in Temptation by Brenda Jackson – Exclusive Excerpt & Giveaway - July 26, 2017